Boys' Basketball | Legendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
St. Joseph High School boys basketball coach Gene Pingatore died Wednesday according to the Westchester school's website. Pingatore is the winningest coach in state history, with a record of 1,035-383 in 50 years.
Boys' Basketball | Strengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lotNaperville North's Tom Welch is the 2018-19 DuPage County Male Athlete of the Year.
Prep Football | Switching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's GrindleyAntioch three-sport athlete Zach Grindley, who finished his senior year by qualifying for the state track meet in three events, is the Daily Herald's Lake County Male Athlete of the Year.
Girls' Basketball | By design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academicsElk Grove senior Rachel Kandefer has been named the 2018-19 Daily Herald Female Athlete of the Year for the Northwest suburbs. While earning 12 varsity letters in her four years, Kandefer earned Mid-Suburban all-conference honors at least once in each sport.
Boys' Basketball | Elgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one seasonElgin boys basketball coach David Hess has resigned after one season, citing family reasons.
Prep Football | Wheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammateWheeling's Michael Best is the Daily Herald Male Athlete of the Year for 2018-19 in the Northwest suburbs.
Girls' Basketball | Glenbard South's Bair more than just a great athleteGlenbard South's Maggie Bair: More than just a great athlete
Prep Sports | Services Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine HighKaren Bock Kublank, one of the first Title IX coaches at Palatine High School, died last week.
Prep Sports | Suburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate featsTop suburban high school athletes were recognized not only for their physical prowess Thursday night at Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates but also for traits including sportsmanship and overcoming adversity.
Prep Sports | Stevenson's Sorenson doubled her funStevenson's Sophie Sorenson is the Daily Herald Lake County Female Athlete of the Year for 2018-19.
- 9:45 AMCarolina Hurricanes re-sign D Haydn Fleury to 1-year deal
- 9:39 AMBig 12's 2nd day features 2 new coaches, 2 QBs
- 8:51 AMAmerican Commissioner Aresco: No plans to replace UConn
- 8:28 AMUCF picked to win American title for 3rd straight season
- 5:09 AMUEFA allows Mechelen in Europa League amid open fixing case
More Prep Sports
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
- Prep SportsBaseball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsImages: Huntley vs. St. Charles East, Class 4A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsImages: St. Francis vs. Sycamore, Class 3A State Championship in Softball
- Prep SportsSoftball: Huntley wins another thriller, 1st state title
- Prep SportsBaseball: Hampshire's historic season ends with 4th place in state
- Prep SportsSoftball / Final Top 20
- Prep SportsBaseball: 'An amazing feeling': Montini is state champion
- Prep SportsSoftball: Trophy sets new standard at St. Francis
- Prep SportsImages: Montini vs. St. Laurence, Class 3A State Championship in Baseball
- NewsImages: Girls state softball semifinals: St. Charles East, St. Francis, Huntley
- WheatonSoftball: Win sinks in for St. Francis
- HuntleySoftball: Huntley stuns Marist to reach 4A title game
- St. CharlesSoftball: Arrambide pitches St. Charles East to state title game