Cubs | Rizzo sprains right ankle; MRI Monday
Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo left Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates with what looked to be a right-ankle injury.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Most important matchup in today's Chicago Bears game? Nagy vs. FangioJust how with the coach matchup between the Chicago Bears' Matt Nagy and the Denver Broncos' Vic Fangio work out today?
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Toews motivated by missing cut in NHL's Top 20 listAccording to NHL Network, the Chicago Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews is not one of the top 20 center in the league. That fact shocked Toews, but he might just use it as further motivation to prove last season was no fluke.
Columns | Rozner: Relaxed Chicago Cubs suddenly back in playoff modeWhen the Chicago Cubs returned home Friday, there was fear in the air, but a couple of big games has them back on a postseason track.
News | Schaumburg writer's book tells of inspirational amputees. So does golf tournament.Fifty-nine men and women took part in the All Disability Open at the Odyssey Golf Foundation course in Tinley Park last weekend. Each person's story about becoming an amputee is different, but all inspire and remind us how strong the human spirit is and how much we can accomplish.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs to learn more about Kimbrel after bullpen sessionThe Chicago Cubs should get a better reading today on injured closer Craig Kimbrel, who will throw a bull bullpen session as he tests his elbow.
Fire | It's finally time for some Chicago Fire optimismThe Chicago Fire probably won't make the playoffs again this season, but Fire fans haven't been this optimistic about their club in years. A new owner gets the credit for that.
Pro Sports | Mazzone's Hawthorne selections for Sunday's racesHere is today's link to Joe Mazzone's harness racing selections, brought to you in part by the Daily Herald and Hawthorne Racecourse, for Sunday's races at Hawthorne,
Blackhawks | Blackhawks' Kane a fan of latest bobbleheadThe first 10,000 fans to enter the United Center for the Blackhawks' intrasquad scrimmage Sunday will receive a Patrick Kane bobblehead. It features the Hawks' superstar raising his hands in celebration after he scored the game-winning goal in Game 6 of the 2010 Stanley Cup Final in Philadelphia.
NFL | AP source: NFL to meet with Antonio Brown accuser MondayAP source: NFL to meet with woman accusing Antonio Brown of rape
NFL | Saints sign Payton to extension through 2024The Saints have signed coach Sean Payton to an extension running through the 2024 season
- 4:54 PMMLB: "Regret" over replay miscommunication in White Sox loss
- 4:54 PMGaroppolo throws 3 TDs, 49ers roll over Bengals 41-17
- 4:52 PMReddick has 5 hits, Miley wins 14th as Astros sweep KC
- 4:46 PMLamar Jackson helps Ravens run past Cardinals 23-17
- 4:40 PMWilson leads Seahawks past Roethlisberger-less Steelers
- Prep FootballIncreased roles suit McLaughlin-Phillips duo well for Warren
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Loberg carrying on family tradition at Geneva
- Prep FootballGlenbard West relentless in rout of Proviso West
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Late score gives Rolling Meadows tie with Fremd
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: York outlasts Libertyville for Buffalo Grove invite title
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Elk Grove continues its hot start to season
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Benet edges Batavia for SCE title
- Prep FootballSt. Francis gets it done vs. Westmont
- Prep SportsInvitational championship tastes sweet to Neuqua Valley
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Lake Park repeats as Ram Invitational champion
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Hampshire tips Burlington Central to claim Westminster title
- Prep SportsFox Valley scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 14
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 14
- Prep Sports(No heading)
- Prep SportsCook County scoreboard for Saturday, Sept. 14