Cubs | Hendricks outduels Samardzija as Cubs sweep Giants
It's been a slog of a season for the Chicago Cubs. On a pitchers day at Wrigley Field Thursday, the Cubs' Kyle Hendricks outdueled the San Francisco Giants' Jeff Samardzija, and the Cubs came away with a 1-0 victory to again reach their high-water mark of 11 games over .500.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Suggestions that Bears QB Trubisky has had poor training camp are unfounded, sillyUntil we see Mitch Trubisky play in a real game against another team's best efforts to stop him, we aren't going to have any idea where the young QB is.
Cubs | Maddon wants better pay, recognition for established managersThe Chicago Cubs honored retiring San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy before Thursday's game. Cubs manager Joe Maddon pushed for better pay and recognition for established skippers.
White Sox | Moncada returns, sparks White Sox in 6-1 win over TexasReturning to the lineup Thursday night, Yonan Moncada hit a 2-run homer and doubled in the Chicago White Sox's 6-1 win over the Rangers at Guaranteed Rate Field.
White Sox | White Sox creeping toward contender status, but Hahn knows more work needs to be doneWith so much young talent already in the roster and coming up through the minor-league system, the Chicago White Sox are shaping up as contenders in 2020. Sox general manager Rick Hahn wants to wait until spring training before making any predictions.
Bears | Did Packers QB Rodgers trip Bears' Nagy at celebrity golf event?Bears coach Matt Nagy had one interaction with Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers last month at a pro-am golf tournament -- and it was a memorable one.
Pro Sports | Pirates promote Cary-Grove grad Priester for Class A playoff pushThe Pittsburgh Pirates Wednesday announced that Cary-Grove gradute and first-round draft pick Quinn Priester is moving up to Class A.
Sports | Scouting report: Washington Nationals vs. CubsIt will be a battle of playoff contenders this weekend when the Washington Nationals invaded Wrigley Field to play the Chicago Cubs.
Pro Sports | Uchman's Arlington selections for Friday's racesHere is today's link to Daily Herald handicapper Ron Uchman's selections for thoroughbred racing at Arlington International on Friday.
Sports | US Open '19: As usual, Djokovic, Nadal, Federer lead the wayMen to watch at US Open: defending champ Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer
Pro Sports | NWSL players say investment key to sustaining World Cup bumpRecord-breaking attendance at National Women's Soccer League matches is evidence of the World Cup bump. But players want to see investment, too.
Sports | US Open '19: No. 1 Osaka defends; Serena Williams eyes 24thWomen to watch at US Open: 23-time major winner Serena Williams, defending champ Naomi Osaka
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Northwest suburbs loaded with talent
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Antioch's Smith has sights set on state title
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: FitzPatrick, Barrington shooting for state hardware
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Lakes' Heuser has a simple goal: Win state
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Young Vernon Hills seeks another state run
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Are Illinois teams the best around?
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: York, WW South setting their sights on Peoria
- Prep SportsGirls swimming: Scouting Fox Valley
- Prep FootballScouting the Dundee-Crown Chargers
- Prep FootballScouting the Crystal Lake South Gators
- Prep FootballScouting Cary-Grove football
- Prep FootballScouting the Hersey Huskies
- Prep FootballScouting the Fremd Vikings
- Prep FootballScouting the Elk Grove Grenadiers