Bulls | With NBA free-agency about to begin, Bulls should hit brakes on backup center
NBA free-agency is set to being on Thursday night. The Bulls are expected to re-sign Zach LaVine to a deal near the maximum salary, but what else can they do? Here's a look at why a backup center shouldn't be a high priority.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Cubs' Suzuki may be ready to begin rehab assignmentInjured Cubs hitters Seiya Suzuki and Nick Madrigal took live batting practice Tuesday against two injured starting pitchers, Marcus Stroman and Drew Smyly. Manager David Ross said Suzuki could head out on a rehab assignment soon.
Columns | Wolves bring home the hardware to fans at Allstate ArenaThe Chicago Wolves showed off their fifth league championship trophy when they brought home the Calder Cup to Allstate Arena Tuesday night.
Columns | Why Richardson might be the right man to lead the Blackhawks back to the topWith Luke Richardson's hiring as head coach a new era has dawned for the Blackhawks. Anaheim coach Dallas Eakins -- a good friend of Richardson's -- believes the Hawks made a solid choice.
Bears | Top 25 most important Bears in 2022: No. 20 Khari BlasingameWe're counting down the Top 25 most important Bears for the 2022 season. Here's a look at No. 20 Khari Blasingame.
Bears | Top 25 Bears in 2022: No. 19 Justin Jones Jones could be a bargain at defensive tackleThe Bears are hoping defensive tackle Justin Jones can be a penetrator who can slip between offensive linemen and cause some chaos in the backfield. If he does turn out to be a solid 3-technique, his contract will be a bargain. If he plays through the 2022 season and it's not working out as planned, it won't cost the Bears much to move on from the deal in a year or two.
Columns | Ziehm: Glover back to defend title at John Deere Classic near Quad CitiesA big week in golf tees off Thursday when the John Deere Classic, Illinois' only annual PGA Tour stop, goes head to head for three days with the controversial LIV Tour's first American tournament in Oregon.
Sports | Nickol Knoll's sweet history: Walter Payton's former training groundThe Chicagoland area is blessed to have quite a few golf courses steeped in tradition. There's one in Arlington Heights, however, that has some pretty neat history of its own. Nickol Knoll Golf Club -- a charming nine-hole, par-3 track that opened in 1995 -- is the site of where former Chicago Bears running back Walter Payton trained during the off-season. Read all about it in this article by John Dietz that continues his 9-hole series.
NFL | Lawsuit: Texans 'turned a blind eye' to QB Watson's actionsA lawsuit alleges the Houston Texans had been told that their former quarterback Deshaun Watson was sexually assaulting and harassing women during massage sessions, but instead of trying to stop him, the team provided him with resources to enable his actions and 'úturned a blind eye'Ě to his behavior
News | WNBA star Brittney Griner ordered to trial Friday in RussiaShackled and looking wary, WNBA star Brittney Griner was ordered to stand trial Friday by a court near Moscow on cannabis possession charges, about 4 1/2 months after her arrest at an airport while returning to play for a Russian team.
Sports | Even Djokovic knew he wasn't at his best in Wimbledon debutNovak Djokovic's play was not particularly perfect at Wimbledon
- 10:56 PMSears pitches major league-best Yankees past lowly A's 2-1
- 10:56 PMTucker, Alvarez homer as Astros roll past Mets 9-1
- 10:39 PMAP source: Knicks dealing Alec Burks, Noel to Pistons
- 10:36 PMLuis Castillo strikes out 11 as Reds beat Cubs 5-3
- 10:24 PMPolanco, Twins win 6-0, split doubleheader with Guardians
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season
- Boys' BasketballReturning guards key to Geneva's future
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Burlington Central's Scharnowski turning heads in summer play
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator duo caps outstanding run for Lions
- Prep SportsBaseball: Naperville Central's Barczi socks 13 HRs in power-packed junior season
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central's Marisca excels at -- and behind -- the plate
- Prep SportsPresenting the 2022 Daily Herald Cook County All-Area Baseball Team
- Prep SportsPresenting the 2022 Daily Herald DuPage County All-Area Baseball Team
- Prep SportsPresenting the 2022 Daily Herald Fox All-Area Baseball Team