Special Report | It started with George Halas in 1975: Chicago Bears again make an overture for Arlington Park
The Chicago Bears confirmed Thursday the organization has submitted a bid to purchase the 326-acre Arlington Park property. It comes 46 years after Bears founder George S. Halas made his first pitch to relocate his team from Soldier Field to Arlington Park. "We welcome the Chicago Bears' interest in the Arlington Park site," Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes said Thursday.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Hendricks rescues Cubs again, shuts down MetsKyle Hendricks pitched 6 scoreless innings and the Cubs' A-list relievers finished off a 2-0 victory over the BNew York Mets, ending a three-game losing streak.
Cubs | Cubs' bridge to the future starts with strong showing of minor league pitchingMark Gonzales: Three pitchers helping to bridge the gap for the Cubs.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: If Pritzker gets behind the Bears, Arlington Park is theirsJim O'Donnell: If the Bears are to get Arlington Park, Gov. J.B. Pritzker needs to step up.
Special Report | Lightfoot: Bears' bid for Arlington Park a 'negotiating tactic'While Arlington Heights Mayor Tom Hayes and many of his fellow suburban Bears fans welcomed news Thursday that the team put in an offer on Arlington Park, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot dismissed the bid as little more than a negotiating tactic.
White Sox | Sox giving Burger a look at second base for Class AAA CharlotteTop White Sox prospect Jake Burger is a natural third baseman, but he played second base for Class AAA Charlotte Thursday night.
Cubs | Baez hoping to stock a museum with his home run batsAfter hitting a home run against the Mets on Tuesday, Cubs shortstop Javy Baez asked that the bat be saved, then explained why he collects the bat after every home run he hits.
Columns | Jim O'Donnell: Inspired Bob Sirott pushing for permanent Jack Rosenberg memorialWGN's Bob Sirott has started a campaign to get the late Jack Rosenberg remembered in a permanent tribute at Wrigley Field.
White Sox | Sox's Mercedes 'still fighting it' at plateWhite Sox rookie designated hitter Yermin Mercedes got off to a great start, but he's been in a deep slump since late May.
Bears | Bears WR Robinson says he'll be at training camp, gives no contract updateBears wide receiver Allen Robinson doesn't plan on holding out for a new contract.
Sports | 'Listening to my body': Nadal to sit out Wimbledon, OlympicsRafael Nadal says he will sit out Wimbledon and the Tokyo Olympics to rest and recover
- 10:51 PMAltuve homers again, Astros beat White Sox 10-2
- 10:40 PMEmotional Neymar counts down to Pelé's record for Brazil
- 10:35 PMBucks bounce back to beat Nets 104-89 and force Game 7
- 10:30 PMBrazil beats Peru 4-0 to move into 1st in Copa America group
- 10:25 PMSlow poke: Hendricks wins 7th start in row, Cubs blank Mets
- Prep SportsSoftball: Defending champ Huntley takes 3rd at state
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Barrington hands St. Charles East 1st loss, headed back to state
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Fourth quarter dooms York in state semifinals
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Loyola overcomes Wheaton Academy's fast start
- Prep SportsSoftball: Defending state champ Huntley falls in state semifinals
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Benet downs Conant to punch state ticket
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Glenbard West earns 7th straight state berth
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Lake Park dispatches Glenbard North, heads to state
- Prep SportsGirls soccer: Libertyville earns state trip with shutout of New Trier
- Prep SportsBoys volleyball: Vernon Hills state-bound after beating Zion-Benton
- Prep SportsGirls lacrosse: Glenbrook South tops Benet to reach state title game
- Prep SportsBoys lacrosse: Wheaton Academy shuts out Lake Zurich in supersectional
- Prep SportsSoftball: St. Charles North's comeback comes up a run short
- Prep SportsBaseball: Prairie Ridge pulls out another 1-run win, beats St. Francis
- Prep SportsSoftball: Sterling denies Antioch a trip to state
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Bobby Hull, Peter O'Toole, Ted Nugent, aerobics classes for kids and more
Images:Through the Film Magnifier: Frontier Days, Bill Veeck, PeeWee Football, The Cellar nightclub and more