Boys' Basketball | His father provided a large legacy, but Schaumburg's Zion Young is his own man
Junior transfer with a familiar name is helping Schaumburg boys basketball get off to a fast start, and he's doing it his way.
Latest Sports Videos
Cubs | Cubs appear to be falling behind in pursuit of OhtaniThe first day of MLB's winter meetings were fairly quiet, as teams wait to see what will happen with free agent Shohei Ohtani. A decision could be imminent, but most insiders think the Dodgers lead the race with the Cubs falling behind.
Cubs | Hoyer denies report Cubs are out on OhtaniPresident of baseball operations Jed Hoyer shot down a report Tuesday claiming the Cubs are no longer in the running to sign free-agent superstar Shohei Ohtani. "I don't know where that came from," Hoyer said.
Bears | Edwards sparking defensive improvement from BearsSparked by Lakes High School graduate T.J. Edwards at linebacker, the Bears have seen significant improvement on defense.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks trying to push Reichel past slow startAfter sitting one game as a healthy scratch, forward Lukas Reichel returns to the Blackhawks lineup. Coach Luke Richardson talks about what he wants to see from the talented forward.
Columns | Following Donovan's preseason strategy pays off for BullsAfter winning two in a row for the first time this season, the Bulls have a chance to keep the good times rolling Wednesday when they host Charlotte. During the last two games, they've found success while following coach Billy Donovan's preseason formula, while Coby White has been playing well.
Boys' Basketball | Boys basketball / Top 20Downers Grove North, Benet and Warren are the top three teams in the Daily Herald's boys basketball rankings.
Blackhawks | Beauvillier excited to join BlackhawksAnthony Beauvillier is excited to see what he can do in top-line role with Blackhawks.
White Sox | White Sox add Fedde to starting rotationErick Fedde, who had a solid year in Korea after six subpar seasons with the Nationals, is signing a two-year, $15 million contract with the White Sox. The deal is pending a physical.
Girls' Basketball | Girls basketball / Top 20Fremd, Maine South and Batavia occupy the top three spots in this week's Daily Herald's girls basketball rankings.
Columns | It's a championship time of year in so many waysI've got a few miscellaneous thoughts. Some people say those are my best thoughts, the miscellaneous kind.
- 11:21 PMBarrington's O'Riordan, Adler team up for exciting win over Rolling Meadows
- 11:04 PMFans can start their engines for Chicago NASCAR tickets Wednesday
- 11:03 PMYeager, Glenbard West 'overwhelm' Downers Grove North, remain unbeaten
- 10:58 PMThulin, Downers Grove North move to 5-0 with win over Hinsdale Central
- 10:28 PMLynch's big night helps St. Edward snap losing streak
- Boys' BasketballHis father provided a large legacy, but Schaumburg's Zion Young is his own man
- Prep SportsScouting Fox and DuPage County boys swimming
- Prep SportsScouting Cook and Lake County boys swimming
- Prep WrestlingScouting Cook and Lake County boys wrestling
- Prep WrestlingScouting Fox and DuPage County boys wrestling
- Girls' BasketballGirls basketball / Top 20
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball / Top 20
- Prep FootballCook County All-Area Football Team Captain: Devan VanNess, Barrington
- Prep FootballFox All-Area Football Team Captain: Ryan Boe, Batavia
- Prep FootballLake County All-Area Football Team Captain: Lincoln Adams, Lake Zurich
- Prep FootballDuPage County All-Area Football Team Captain: Alessio Milivojevic, St. Francis
- Prep FootballCook County All-Area Football Team
- Prep FootballDuPage County All-Area Football Team
- Prep FootballFox All-Area Football Team
- Prep FootballLake County All-Area Football Team