Sports | New Bulls GM Karnisovas' strength lies in his connections
There was no official announcement Thurday, but the Bulls appear to have settled on current Denver GM Arturas Karnisovas to be the team's new head of basketball operations.
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Joe Aguilar: As sports fans, we know what 6 feet apart looks likeIf we're going to be good citizens and obey the 6-feet rule of social distancing, we need perspective. We need to be able to calculate space in our head and do it quickly. Fortunately, we're sports fans.
Columns | Tight ends may be the weakest position group in 2020 NFL DraftEach of the last three drafts have had at least three TEs in the Top 50, but Cole Kmet of Notre Dame and St. Viator could be the only one to go in the first two rounds this year.
Bulls | Karnisovas may take his time to evaluate coaching staffWith new head of basketball operations Arturas Karnisovas on board, what's next for the Bulls? His first task figures to be hiring a general manager, while decisions about the coaching staff could wait.
Blackhawks | More ideas on changing NHL postseason, pointsFormer Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville wants to expand the playoff field to 20 teams. Brandon Saad and Nick Schmaltz say seed the playoffs 1 through 8. What does John Dietz think of those suggestions?
Wolves | Chicago Wolves: Bischoff earns Breslin Unsung Hero AwardThe Chicago Wolves Thursday named Jake Bischoff this year's recipient of the Tim Breslin Unsung Hero Award. The honor goes to the player who best exemplifies "Breslin's on-ice spirit, team-first attitude and level of community involvement."
Prep Sports | Coaches find new ways to help players stay mentally strongCoaches have been working to keep their athletes mentally strong in addition to helping them stay in physical shape.
Prep Sports | Baseball teams struggling to get refunds from canceled spring break tripsHigh-school baseball teams canceled their spring break trips long ago, but many are still trying to recoup the money they spent on airplane tickets.
Cubs | Cubs expected to add potential star in upcoming international signing periodMajor-league baseball's international signing period is still on for July, but it might be pushed back due to the coronavirus pandemic. When international signings do begin, the Cubs are projected to sign promising shortstop Cristian Hernandez.
Prep Sports | Clubhouse Chatter: Dinner guests from sports worldClubhouse Chatter: You can invite three sports figures to dinner. Who's eating?
- 9:50 PMNFL will have 58 prospects participating remotely in draft
- 7:17 PMAP Source: LA Rams trade WR Brandin Cooks to Texans
- 5:26 PMTagovailoa's agent says he's healthy, will be ready for camp
- 4:52 PMNBA says players will receive full checks on April 15
- 3:30 PMStaley thinks No. 1 South Carolina is national champs
- Prep SportsCoaches find new ways to help players stay mentally strong
- Prep SportsBaseball teams struggling to get refunds from canceled spring break trips
- Hoffman EstatesWheaton dodgeball tournament a smashing success again
- Prep SportsOfficials adjusting to strange spring
- Prep SportsFuture umpiring numbers could take hit
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin (and Orrin)
- Prep FootballWW South alum O'Toole: 'High school sports a genuine time'
- Boys' BasketballBurlington grad Stockbridge making his mark in Houston Rockets' front office
- Prep SportsIHSA says spring playoffs still possible
- NewsDowners Grove South coach switches from football to face shields
- Prep FootballElgin's Memorial Field getting a major makeover
- Prep SportsTeam fundraisers stuck in neutral
- Prep SportsLocal minor leaguers looking to prosper in 2020
- Boys' BasketballHarrington reflects on love affair with basketball that began in Bartlett
- Prep SportsLower level high school athletes set back