Cubs | Long journey ends in another crushing loss for Kimbrel, Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Cubs endured another crushing, 1-run loss Saturday as closer Craig Kimbrel surrendered home runs on the frst two pitches of the ninth inning, leading to a 9-8 St. Louis victory at Wrigley Field.
Latest Sports Videos
News | On last day of Arlington season, a dark cloud over track's futureDark storm clouds cast a literal and figurative shadow over Arlington International Racecourse Saturday afternoon, on what was the last day of racing for the season, and perhaps beyond.
Blackhawks | How Colliton might build Blackhawks lines early this seasonIt took almost a week, but Jeremy Colliton finally gave us a sneak peek of what the opening-night lineup mighty look like when the Blackhawks begin the regular season against Philadelphia Oct. 4 in Prague.
White Sox | Anderson homers; Chicago White Sox top Tigers 5-3Ivan Nola and Tim Anderson lead Chicago White Sox to 5-3 victory over the Tigers on Saturday at Detroit.
Blackhawks | New Chicago Blackhawks goalie Lehner expects to compete with CrawfordNew Chicago Blackhawks goalie Robin Lehner isn't in Chicago to simply back up Corey Crawford. He's here to compete for the starting job. Said Lehner: "I signed here coming to a team that's a great team -- (one) that should be in the playoffs. I come to compete with a great goaltender."
Columns | Chicago Bears actually in a pretty good place with Trubisky right nowAre the Chicago Bears' really in such a bad place right now with Mitch Trubisky under center?
White Sox | 100 years later, legend of 1919 Chicago Black Sox lives onIn 1919, the Chicago White Sox lost to the Reds in the World Series. Eight Sox players were accused of conspiring with gamblers and losing on purpose, and they all received lifetime bans. One hundred years later, the Black Sox scandal remains a hot topic.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Baez comes out swinging despite thumb injuryTime is running out on the Chicago Cubs season, so Javier Baez became the second player this week to make a surprising early return from injury. He pinch hit in the bottom of the ninth Saturday.
Columns | O'Donnell: Theo Epstein, Joe Maddon, Arlington Park … going, going … going?Jim O'Donnell says Theo Epstein, Joe Maddon and Arlington Park might not be long for the area.
College Sports | Lewerke's 3 TDs lead Michigan State over Northwestern 31-10Brian Lewerke had three touchdown passes, Elijah Collins added a rushing TD and Michigan State bounced back from a stunning loss a week ago for a 31-10 victory over Northwestern
College Sports | School-record 6 TDs for Burrow, No. 4 LSU routs Vandy 66-38Joe Burrow throws for school-record 6 TDs in No. 4 LSU's 66-38 romp over Vanderbilt
- 10:27 PMSchmid leads Sam Houston St. in 45-6 rout of Incarnate Word
- 10:26 PMHarper's 3-run blast sends Phillies to 9-4 win over Indians
- 10:25 PMOladokun with 4 TDs as Samford beats Alabama A&M 55-21
- 10:21 PMThomas' TD return helps NC State beats Ball State 34-23
- 10:19 PMGirls volleyball: Benet wins Wheaton tournament championship
- Prep FootballMontini comeback stuns St. Rita
- Prep FootballBig-time effort by Kaliakmanis, Antioch defense
- Prep FootballConant ground game chews up New Trier
- Prep FootballHoffman Estates offense takes down Vernon Hills
- Prep FootballICCP tops Bishop McNamara in fantastic finish
- Prep FootballLake Zurich rolls past Lake Forest
- Prep FootballSt. Viator outlasts Marian Central in overtime
- Prep FootballKaneland gets back on track
- Prep FootballFriday night takeaways
- Prep FootballBatavia wins hard-fought game over Glenbard North
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Benet wins Wheaton tournament championship
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Weather gets best of Benet, Libertyville
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: St. Francis takes second in quad
- Prep SportsGirls cross country: Fremd finishes first in Warren invite
- Prep SportsBoys cross country: Warren shines on 'home' course