Cubs | What will the Cubs do when Willson Contreras comes back?
The Chicago Cubs could have some interesting roster and in-game decisions to make soon once Willson Contreras comes off the injured list. The Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 in 10 innings on Kyle Schwarber's home run.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Cease, Chicago White Sox fall 11-0 to RoyalsThe Chicago White Sox Fell to 0-5 following the all-star break with Tuesday night's 11-0 loss to the Royals at Kansas City.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Contreras already eager to returnChicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras went on the injured list Tuesday, but he said his foot injury is only a bruise.
Columns | Rozner: Watching Brooks Koepka suffer is a reminder of Tiger Woods' greatnessBrooks Koepka is the best player in golf today, but his record pales in comparison to one Tiger Woods.
Bears | More questions than answers concerning Chicago Bears tight endsTight end might just be the one position for the Chicago Bears concerning their depth chart heading into this season.
Blackhawks | Blackhawks pick Mitchell will return to Denver for junior yearIan Mitchell's made up his mind -- he won't be signing with the Chicago Blackhawks just yet and has decided to go back to the University of Denver for his junior year.
Columns | Rozner: Luke Donald searching for spot at MedinahWith a few events remaining, Northwestern's Luke Donald is hoping to play his way to Medinah for the BMW Championship.
Bears | Bears OLB's hope to keep 'D' at No. 1The Chicago Bears' defense was loaded with star power and all-pros last season, but heading into 2019 there is no position they have a greater ability to be special at than outside linebacker.
Cubs | Chicago Cubs' Contreras on injured list, Montgomery tradedThe Chicago Cubs will place all-star catcher Willson Contreras on the injured list with a foot injury. They obtained catcher Martin Maldonado from the Kansas City Royals for pitcher Mike Montgomery.
White Sox | Sox's Eloy Jimenez injured after collision chasing fly ballChicago outfielder Eloy Jimenez and Kansas City shortstop Adalberto Mondesi left Tuesday night's game due to injuries.
Sports | Golf tip: Course knowledge and accepting your missUnderstanding the golf course and accepting your miss (every golfer has one) are two tips that to improve your play.
Columns | Players forced to pick between 2 of Chicago area's top women's golf tourneysThe 119th playing of the Women's Western Amateur began Tuesday at Royal Melbourne in Long Grove, and the Illinois Women's Open began its 25th anniversary celebration on the same day at Mistwood in Romeoville. The IWO ends Wednesday, the Women's Western on Saturday.
- 10:31 AMMartinez prepares for Cooperstown moment just like career
- 9:58 AMNorth and South Korea to meet in 2022 World Cup qualifiers
- 8:51 AMMartial penalty completes Man United's 4-0 win over Leeds
- 8:42 AMWNBA suspends Riquna Williams 10 games for domestic violence
- 8:08 AMWest Ham sets club transfer record to sign Haller
- Boys' BasketballLegendary St. Joseph basketball coach Gene Pingatore dies at 82
- Boys' BasketballStrengths of Naperville North's Welch? A lot
- Prep FootballSwitching from baseball to track a solid decision for Antioch's Grindley
- Girls' BasketballBy design, Elk Grove's Kandefer stood out in sports and academics
- Girls' BasketballWest Aurora's Miles overcame adversity to excel
- Boys' BasketballElgin basketball coach Hess resigns after one season
- Prep FootballWheeling's Best was best at a lot, but also was the best teammate
- Girls' BasketballGlenbard South's Bair more than just a great athlete
- Prep SportsServices Saturday for Karen Kublank, Title IX pioneer at Palatine High
- Prep SportsSuburban high school athletes lauded for both athletic and compassionate feats
- Prep SportsStevenson's Sorenson doubled her fun
- NewsImages: Daily Herald Prep Sports Excellence Awards
- Prep SportsCary-Grove's Priester took a risk, but it paid off in the end
- Prep SportsBaseball: Heartbreak for St. Charles North in 4A title game
- Prep SportsImages: St. Charles North vs. Edwardsville, Class 4A State Championship in Baseball
Through the Film Magnifier: Barry Manilow, Deadheads, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Connors, a fishing derby and more