Pro Sports | Nationals head to World Series with sweep of Cardinals
Extending their stunning turnaround, the wild-card Nationals got RBIs from Anthony Rendon and Juan Soto in a breakout first inning.
Latest Sports Videos
Pro Sports | Cole dominates again, Astros take 2-1 lead in ALCSGerrit Cole held the New York Yankees scoreless without his sharpest stuff and the Astros locked down a 4-1 victory Tuesday.
Columns | Rozner: Getting physical is good for the BlackhawksThe Blackhawks have outhit the opposition in four straight games for the first time since 2009. Do not fret. This doesn't mark the end of civilization.
Bulls | Once a franchise footnote, Rogers returns to join Bulls coaching staffBulls assistant coach Roy Rogers has a unique and brief history with the team as a player. He's also coming from one of the most successful NBA team over the past few years.
Bears | Bears put Hicks on injured reserve, but 'he'll be a voice in the classroom'The Bears began life indefinitely without Akiem Hicks on Tuesday, sending the Pro Bowl defensive end to injured reserve with a dislocated left elbow and promoting undrafted rookie OL Alex Bars from the practice squad to the active roster.
Columns | Arkush: Long's absence isn't the only problem facing the Bears' O-lineKyle Long has left the Bears some huge shoes to fill, and if Charles Leno can't get his head on straight soon, more changes could be coming.
Bulls | Durant sends message about shot selection to Bulls' LaVineKevin Durant told Bulls guard Zach LaVine, via Twitter, to go ahead and shoot mid-range shots. This was in response to a story over the weekend where LaVine lamented the Bulls' emphasis on drives and 3-pointers
Fire | With coach Paunovic to return for 2020, Fire will see big changes but not a total teardownChicago Fire coach Veljko Paunovic and general manager/president Nelson Rodriguez will return in 2020 despite the team's lack of success the past four seasons.
Bulls | Chicago Bulls trying to catch up to NBA's 3-point trendThe Chicago Bulls have been launching 3-point shots with abandon during the preseason, hitting a peak with 49 attempts Sunday in Toronto. They're trying to catch up to the NBA trend of recent years.
Blackhawks | Things click for Chicago Blackhawks in first winThe Chicago Blackhawks get their first victory of the young season, defeating the visiting Edmonton Oilers 3-1 on Monday night.
Cubs | Espada, Kapler next up as Cubs continue search for new managerAs they continue their search for a new manager, the Cubs were to interview Astros bench coach Joe Espada Monday. The Cubs are also scheduled to meet with former Phillies manager Gabe Kapler this week.
NFL | Rams get CB Jalen Ramsey from Jaguars for 3 draft picksThe Los Angeles Rams have acquired star cornerback Jalen Ramsey from the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for two first-round picks and a fourth-rounder
Blackhawks | Nylander returns to Chicago Blackhawks lineup, scores big goalForward Alexander Nylander returned to the Chicago Blackhawks' lineup against Edmonton on Monday after sitting the previous game as a healthy scratch. Also notes on Corey Crawford starting and a comment from Andrew Shaw about Niklas Hjalmarsson's injury.
- Prep SportsDowners Grove North honors memory of volleyball player struck, killed by car
- Prep FootballPODCAST: Tailgating with Dave and Kevin
- Prep FootballAP Top Ten
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Crystal Lake Central hands Huntley 1st FVC loss
- Prep FootballWill anti-districts forces prevail?
- Prep FootballHersey's Hansen will remain a Huskie -- at NIU
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Scouting the MSL Cup / Wheeling vs. Fremd
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Lakes stays hot, beats Antioch again
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Fremd downs Schaumburg to claim 4th straight MSL West title
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Benet, St. Patrick remain even
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Jacobs tops Crystal Lake South for FVC title
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Bartlett beats South Elgin to tighten UEC race
- Prep SportsPalatine's Campe will take volleyball talents to Virginia Tech
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Cunningham, Diep deliver for Grayslake North
- Prep SportsDuPage County scoreboard for Tuesday, Oct. 15