Columns | Rozner: Decade of the Blackhawks started with a break
It's easy to say now it was the Decade of the Blackhawks, but the first Stanley Cup parade was almost stopped before it began.
Latest Sports Videos
Bears | Bears activate Hicks from IR ahead of Sunday's game vs. PackersThe Bears activated Pro Bowl DL Akiem Hicks from IR Saturday ahead of their must-win battle against the rival Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field Sunday.
Bulls | Lavine's late basket sends Bulls past shorthanded ClippersThe Los Angeles Clippers played without Kawhi Leonard, Patrick Beverley and Lou Williams, but the Bulls aren't about to complain about pulling on a 109-106 victory on Zach LaVine's 3-point play with 2 seconds left.
Bulls | Paxson says he stands behind playoff goal, supports BoylenBulls vice president of basketball operations John Paxson opened up Saturday about the state of the team. He talked to Mike McGraw about the preseason playoff goal, complaints about Jim Boylen and why he hasn't followed his own game plan.
Blackhawks | Ex-Blackhawks forward Brouwer gets new break with BluesFormer Chicago Blackhawks forward Troy Brouwer thought his career might be over after Joel Quenneville and the Florida Panthers released him before the season started. But then St. Louis came calling and Brouwer finds himself right back with the team he helped lift over the Hawks during the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs.
Blackhawks | De la Rose, Faulk rally Blues to 4-3 win over BlackhawksJustin Faulk scored with 2:26 left in the third period as the St. Louis Blues rallied for a 4-3 win over the Chicago Blackhawks
College Sports | What to watch for when Bahamas Bowl kicks off bowl seasonThe college bowl season celebrates its 150th season and the first bowl to kick things off is The Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl. Elk Grove Village-sponsored, the Bahamas Bowl pits the University of Buffalo Bulls and the University North Carolina-Charlotte 49ers at 1 p.m., Dec. 20 at the Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium.
College Sports | Moore scores 26 to lift DePaul past UIC 86-65Charlie Moore scores 26 points as DePaul rolls past Illinois-Chicago, 86-65
NBA | Bogdanovic, Mitchell rally Jazz to 114-106 win over WarriorsBojan Bogdanovic hit eight 3-pointers and scored 32 points and Donovan Mitchell added 28 points as the Utah Jazz beat the Golden State Warriors 114-106
College Sports | Notre Dame uses long-range shooting to beat UCLA 75-61Prentiss Hubb scored 20 points and dealt six assists, and fellow sophomore guard Dane Goodwin added 16 points as Notre Dame carved up UCLA from 3-point range in a 75-61 victory
College Sports | Warren, Church score 16 each as No. 16 DePaul rolls to winMarisa Warren and Deja Church scored 16 points apiece off the bench to lead seven DePaul players in double figures and the Blue Demons defeated Alabama State 105-76
College Sports | Kelly's Irish open bowl practice without offensive coordinator,Coach Brian Kelly says No. 14 Notre Dame will concentrate on its Camping World Bowl game against Iowa State on Dec. 28 before he addresses the vacancy at offensive coordinator
- 2:24 PMCunane powers No. 9 NC State women past Elon 62-49
- 2:11 PMWilson leads Seahawks to early lead in quest for playoffs
- 1:37 PMArsenal loses to City as Spurs go 5th with win; United held
- 1:23 PMSchalke's McKennie stretchered off with shoulder injury
- 12:49 PM2-time major champ Naomi Osaka hires Wim Fissette as coach
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey's Methner a national champion; Glenbard West's Hart finishes 4th
- Boys' BasketballOak Park hands Stevenson its first loss
- Prep SportsBoys swimming: Maine South tops the field at Rolling Meadows
- Boys' BasketballHampshire takes control early against Crystal Lake Central
- Boys' BasketballJacobs' pressure gets to Burlington Central
- Prep WrestlingGrant makes good first impression in Buffalo Grove invite
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles North pulls out last-second win over Geneva
- Girls' BasketballWrobel, Geneva shoot past St. Charles North
- Girls' BasketballFast start carries Glenbard West past Naperville Central
- Boys' BasketballSt. Viator answers Hersey's challenge, earns win
- Prep SportsDon't miss our coverage of winter high school sports
- Girls' BasketballWaubonsie Valley rolls past West Chicago
- Boys' BasketballYork shows its quality with triumph vs. Benet
- Boys' BasketballSophomore swishes 3-pointer for Timothy Christian win
- Boys' BasketballHinsdale South beats Willowbrook