Cubs | Cubs' future looking brighter as a possible nucleus forms
One area where the Cubs have made some progress this season is developing some younger players who have a chance to be successful lineup pieces in the future.
Latest Sports Videos
White Sox | Sox hope return of Jimenez injects some life into lineup after Kopech's rough nightBefore another disappointing loss against the Twins Tuesday night at Guaranteed Rate Field, the White Sox got some good news when left fielder Eloy Jimenez arrived after completing a rehab assignment with Class AAA Charlotte. Jimenez is expected to be activated Wednesday.
Bears | Hinz: Lightfoot to explore putting a dome on Soldier Field, even as Bears prepare to move outThe dome "almost certainly" will require some sort of taxpayer subsidy, says a draft of a report that may be released as soon as Thursday.
Bears | Top 25 most important Bears in 2022: Jones Jr. could emerge as No. 3 receiverJones probably won't be an NFL No. 1, but he can do a lot of different things.
Columns | Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities golf event is back in businessTwin Orchard in Long Grove hosts the Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities golf fundraiser next week.
Pro Sports | Boomers' win streak ends at sevenSchaumburg put the tying run in the on-deck circle in the ninth, but couldn't come back to win.
Cubs | Brewers and Cubs meet in series rubber matchThe Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago Cubs play on Wednesday with the winner claiming the three-game series
White Sox | Twins look to sweep series against the White SoxThe Minnesota Twins will try to sweep a three-game series with a victory against the Chicago White Sox
NFL | Bills coordinator Leslie Frazier helps young coaches advanceLeslie Frazier expected another opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL after a three-year-plus stint in Minnesota from 2010-13
White Sox | Sox's Hendriks speaks on shooting: 'Something needs to happen and it needs to happen quick.'The White Sox's game vs. the Twins Monday night was almost postponed due to the mass shooting in Highland Park earlier in the day. Sox closer Liam Hendriks, who is from Australia, said the endless gun violence in the United States is "baffling."
- Boys' BasketballBenet shows it belongs with impressive June performance
- Boys' BasketballNew group at Glenbard West has big shoes to fill
- NewsIt's Anthony Kopp's time
- NapervilleFormer Naperville Central, Wheaton College coach Bishop 'was ahead of his time'
- Prep SportsDundee-Crown announces this year's Hall of Fame Class
- Boys' BasketballYork's Hardek adjusts to bigger role
- Boys' BasketballSt. Charles East looking for bounce back season
- Boys' BasketballReturning guards key to Geneva's future
- Boys' BasketballBoys basketball: Burlington Central's Scharnowski turning heads in summer play
- Prep SportsBaseball: St. Viator duo caps outstanding run for Lions
- Prep SportsBaseball: Naperville Central's Barczi socks 13 HRs in power-packed junior season
- Prep SportsBaseball: Grayslake Central's Marisca excels at -- and behind -- the plate
- BarringtonBarrington High School improvements get OK from village board
- NewsMaine East grad returns as new hoops head coach
- NewsHighland Park's Julia Kerpel off to Maccabiah games -- it's just one of many accomplishments