Columns | NBA should be working on an alternative to Irving's COVID-19 vaccination message
At the Bulls' home opener Friday, the overwhelming majority of people inside the United Center will have shown proof of vaccination for entry. So why do some NBA players insist on holding out?
Latest Sports Videos
Columns | Lincicome: While we wait for signs of growth from Fields, Rodgers still owns BearsJustin Fields may eventually find an opposing quarterback that he is better than, but with Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger ahead, old men at the game, as is Aaron Rodgers, Fields is still just a fresh intern making the rounds.
Sky | Chicago Sky win first WNBA title in franchise history; Copper named MVPThe Chicago Sky won the first WNBA title in franchise history Sunday, beating the Phoenix Mercury 80-74.
Sky | Candace Parker's move to the Sky (for a title) could be the start of a lot of WNBA changesCandace Parker made the biggest move last offseason choosing to return home to Chicago. The decision paid off as the WNBA star led the Sky to the franchise's first championship. In the past, many of the WNBA's top players didn't move too often, but the collective bargaining agreement that was ratified in 2020 has allowed for more player movement.
Blackhawks | Flatlining Chicago Blackhawks need to turn things around on upcoming 4-game homestandThis upcoming four-game homestand for the Chicago Blackhawks -- which begins Tuesday against the Islanders -- is where coach Jeremy Colliton's squad must right the ship. Because if they don't, you have to wonder how long they'll stick with Colliton.
Columns | There is a price to pay for starting Fields so early in his careerMost Chicago Bears fans have done their best to ignore the fact there is a price to pay for starting quarterback Justin Fields so early in his career.
Bears | Bears rookie Herbert proves run game is in good handsSean Hammond: Sunday's loss marked Khalil Herbert's first career start and it was the first time he had to be the featured back in an NFL offense.
Sky | How to watch parade, rally Tuesday for Parker and WNBA champion Chicago SkyNaperville native Candace Parker and the rest of the Chicago Sky's WNBA championship will be celebrated in Chicago with a parade and rally starting Tuesday morning
Bulls | DeRozan ready to lead Bulls into real competitionThe Bulls rolled through preseason with a 4-0 record, but now it's time for real competition to begin. Newcomer DeMar DeRozan have a nice rundown on the state of the new-look Bulls.
Bulls | Bulls starters praise second team's competitiveness in practiceZach LaVine and DeMar DeRozan gave praise Monday to the Bulls' second unit, for pushing the starters during the frequent scrimmages in training camp.
Columns | Bears' loss to Packers a shining example of why they're not ready yetThe Bears' 24-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers was a lot like a movie we've seen before.
Bears | Justin Fields thought he had a free play on momentum-changing interceptionBears center Sam Mustipher snapped the ball once he saw a Packers defender jump offsides. But the unscripted play led to an interception, and the refs didn't throw a flag.
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Wheaton North celebrates Senior Night by beating Lake Zurich
- Prep SportsCross country: Hersey's Harden leads the way with repeat title at MSL meet
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Allaire shines in Viator's win at Libertyville
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20
- Prep FootballFootball / Top 20 / How they fared in Week 8
- Prep SportsCross country: Batavia's Schlenker wins 3rd DuKane title
- Prep SportsCross country: Burlington Central's Baig wins FVC title
- Prep FootballBuffalo Grove runs to win; Meadows still alive in playoff hunt
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Batavia battles for St. Charles East sectional crown
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Barrington nets title at Jacobs
- Prep FootballWeek 9 in Lake County will have interesting storylines
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Surprising Jacobs takes 2nd at Pumpkin tourney
- Prep SportsGirls tennis: Wang's singles win propels Stevenson to sectional title
- Prep SportsCross country: Waubonsie boys snap streak; Naperville North girls in a customary spot
- Prep SportsBoys soccer: Team-first attitude key in Dundee-Crown's rebound