Editorial: How legislators can protect kids like AJ
In this editorial, the Daily Herald calls on lawmakers to protect children like AJ Freund by requiring preschoolers from families under Illinois DCFS supervision to attend Head Start or a similar program.
- Letter: Get the shape of the Earth right
- Letter: Gun control and the hypocrisy of Democrats
- Letter: Respond to the needs of those with autism
- Letter: Medicare-for-all would be costly
- Letter: Opioid distributors should pay for treatment
- Letter to the Daily Herald from Elgin: "Hatred is not the motivation for removing Donald Trump from the presidency; rather, the catalyst is dedication to the values embedded in the Constitution."
- Letter: Never capitulate to forces of tyranny
- A letter to the Daily Herald editor from Carol Stream: "Columnist Walter E. Williams is to be commended for his informed and sound article about climate predictions being historically wrong and nothing new."
- Letter: Climate science displays record of accuracy
- Letter: Let's celebrate Ken Griffin's generosity to museum
- Letter: By their silence, Republicans as corrupt as Trump
- Read the transcript, indeed
Submit a Letter to the Daily Herald