Boris Johnson wins race to become UK's next prime minister
Brexit hard-liner Boris Johnson won the contest to lead Britain's governing Conservative Party on and will become the country's next prime minister.
In high-stakes Mueller hearing, there are big risks for everyoneRobert Mueller has vowed he won't go beyond what he's already written about Russia, President Donald Trump and obstruction of justice when he testifies on Wednesday, but there's a lot at stake in how much -- or how little -- he brings to life the dry specifics of his 448-page report.
Senate confirms Army veteran Mark Esper secretary of defenseIt took 7 months, but President Donald Trump finally has a Senate-confirmed secretary of defense, Army veteran Mark Esper
Trump says China is paying his tariffs, but U.S. companies keep getting the billLeading business organizations that support Trump's goals say tariffs are a costly and disruptive tool that should be shelved.
A supermarket worker vanished 10 years ago. He was trapped behind a cooler the whole time.The coolers made so much noise that Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada's cries for help were likely muffled, police said.
Two police officers fired for Facebook post that suggested Ocasio-Cortez should be shotTwo Louisiana police officers were fired Monday for a Facebook post that suggested Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., should be shot.
Boris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, in his own colorful wordsBoris Johnson, Britain's incoming prime minister, had once said his chances of becoming the country's leader were "about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."
Never-Googlers: Web users take the ultimate step to guard their dataAs reports surface regarding how the online advertising giant tracks consumers, some try to reclaim their online footsteps.
Sun-Times: Kankakee Democrats compare KKK hoods to 'MAGA' hats in Facebook postThe Kankakee County Democrats posted -- and since deleted -- an image to Facebook that compared President Donald Trump's signature "Make America Great Again" hats to hoods worn by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
Li Peng, Chinese premier during Tiananmen crackdown, diesLi Peng, a former hard-line Chinese premier best known for announcing martial law during the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests, has died
Man dies following apparent fireworks explosion in ChicagoAuthorities say a man has died following an apparent explosion involving fireworks in Chicago
- 4:46 PMSugar Grove Corn Boil returns with new carnival, music and family fun
- 4:39 PMHoffman Estates approves three advisory referendums for March 2020 ballot
- 4:29 PMLooking for love? 'The Bachelor Live on Stage' comes to Chicago
- 4:28 PMSlow ratings start for CBS' O'Donnell after first week
- 4:27 PMMiss America pageant leaving Atlantic City for Connecticut
- 4:23 PMUSDA rule would cut food stamp benefits for 3.1 million
- 4:20 PMThe Latest: US government launches Big Tech antitrust probe
More Suburban News
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates approves three advisory referendums for March 2020 ballot
- EducationContract shows District 21 superintendent gets 6.3% raise
- Glendale HeightsFormer Glendale Heights man gets 30 years for sexual assault
- MundeleinMundelein board approves 10-acre annexation
- GenevaFunding lined up for long-awaited East State widening in Geneva
- LibertyvilleLibertyville Little League Baseball starting adult league
- Hanover ParkMissing Hanover Park woman located safely
- EducationA year into job, District 21 superintendent gets contract extension
- BloomingdaleAuthorities investigating crash in Bloomingdale that leaves at least one injured
- ElginElgin police chief: Many changes this year, more in progress after shooting
- ElginPolice: 2 Streamwood men arrested in Elgin after fleeing traffic stop
- WaukeganRinehart seeks Democratic nomination for Lake County state's attorney
- NewsInaugural Woodridge Restaurant Week launching in August
- Hoffman EstatesHow Harper's HOPE Giving Circle supports young women leaders
- Sugar GroveSugar Grove Corn Boil returns with new carnival, music and family fun