Judge rules Donald Trump defrauded banks, insurers as he built real estate empire
A judge has ruled that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House.
Government shutdown crisis mode: Senate unveils bipartisan stopgap measureWith just five days to go before Saturday's deadline, the Senate is trying to stave off a federal closure as the hard-right flank seizes control of the House. Senators unveiled a bipartisan stopgap measure to keep offices funded temporarily, through Nov. 17, to buy time for Congress to finish its work.
Russian drone strikes on Odesa region hit port area and cut ferry service to RomaniaRussia struck the Black Sea region of Odesa in a drone barrage that damaged a warehouse, charred dozens of trucks and injured two drivers in fiery explosions that led to the suspension of the ferry service between Romania and Ukraine, officials said Tuesday.
Trump lawyers say prosecutors want to 'silence' him with gag order in his federal 2020 election caseLawyers for former President Donald Trump are slamming prosecutors' request for a narrow gag order in his 2020 election subversion case in Washington, calling it an effort to "unconstitutionally silence" his political speech.
Biden urges striking auto workers to "stick with it" in picket line visit unparalleled in historyDonning a union ballcap and exchanging fist bumps, President Joe Biden told United Auto Workers strikers that "you deserve the significant raise you need" as he stopped in the Detroit area just a day ahead of a planned visit by former President Donald Trump, the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in next year's election.
Cassidy Hutchinson's new book says Mark Meadows' suits smelled 'like a bonfire' from burning papersA former aide in Donald Trump's White House says chief of staff Mark Meadows burned papers so often after the 2020 election that it left his office smoky and even prompted his wife to complain that his suits smelled "like a bonfire."
More students gain eligibility for free school meals under expanded U.S. programMillions of additional students in schools serving low-income communities will be eligible to receive breakfast and lunch at no cost under a rule change announced Tuesday by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
New cars are supposed to be getting safer. So why are fatalities on the rise?Roadway deaths in the U.S. are mounting despite government test data showing vehicles have been getting safer.
Ukraine is building an advanced army of drones. For now, pilots improvise with duct tape and bombsNineteen months into the Russian invasion, and as a grueling counteroffensive grinds on, the Ukrainian government wants to spend more than $1 billion to upgrade its drone-fighting capabilities.
UN says cholera and dengue outbreaks have been reported in eastern Sudan as conflict grinds onOutbreaks of cholera and dengue fever have been reported in eastern Sudan, where thousands of people are sheltering in crowded camps amid deadly fighting between the country's military and a rival paramilitary force, the U.N. health agency said on Tuesday.
In Sweden, 2 explosions rip through dwellings and at least 1 is reportedly connected to a gang feudTwo powerful explosions have ripped through dwellings in central Sweden, injuring at least three people and damaging buildings, with bricks and window sections left spread outside.
At least 20 dead in gas station explosion as Nagorno-Karabakh residents flee to ArmeniaAt least 20 people were killed and nearly 300 others were injured in an explosion at a crowded gas station in Azerbaijan's Nagorno-Karabakh region as thousands of ethnic Armenians rushed to flee into neighboring Armenia, the separatist territory's authorities said Tuesday.
Erdogan says Menendez resignation from Senate committee boosts Turkey's bid to acquire F-16sTurkey's chances of acquiring F-16 fighter jets from the U.S. have been boosted by Sen. Bob Menendez stepping down as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said in remarks published Tuesday.
- 11:17 PMOfficials: Three hospitalized after two-vehicle crash in Lincolnshire
- 10:14 PMTwo people injured in fiery crash on I-88 near Oak Brook
- 10:04 PMCarol Stream man charged with DUI after Glendale Heights crash that injured mom, two kids
- 8:09 PM'I just want answers': Willowbrook Corners residents confront board on fatal shooting
- 7:58 PMConroy: Proposed budget delivers assistance and eases future financial pressure
- 5:38 PMThe AI challenge facing teachers, students
- 5:38 PMThe Perfect Storm: Rising property values, inflation, and policy decisions compound affordability crisis in Lake County
More Suburban News
- Carol StreamCarol Stream man charged with DUI after Glendale Heights crash that injured mom, two kids
- LincolnshireOfficials: Three hospitalized after two-vehicle crash in Lincolnshire
- Oak BrookTwo people injured in fiery crash on I-88 near Oak Brook
- DuPage CountyConroy: Proposed budget delivers assistance and eases future financial pressure
- GenevaGeneva 304 school board supports 12-year extension for TIF district
- NewsTwo more E. coli cases confirmed at Huntley High, as search for source continues
- Business of SportsAndre Dawson to greet fans at Arlington Heights bank
- Prep SportsCook and Lake County girls volleyball notes: Basketball star O'Riordan making impact in a second sport at Barrington
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball: Bardouniotis, St. Charles North rally past St. Charles East
- Prep FootballDeerfield steps on the gas, eases past Glenbrook North
- Prep SportsDuPage County and Fox boys soccer notes: DVC race coming down to the wire
- Prep SportsGirls volleyball / Top 20
- DuPage County'I just want answers': Willowbrook Corners residents confront board on fatal shooting
- NapervilleJudge to determine if suspect in teen's 1972 killing remains in jail before trial
- WaukeganWhy some oppose proposed new runway at Waukegan National Airport
Check out The Week in Pictures photo gallery for August 28- September 3, 2023 in the Chicago suburbs