North Korea conducts another test at long-range rocket site
North Korea says it successfully performed another 'crucial test' at its long-range rocket launch site that will further strengthen its 'reliable strategic nuclear deterrent
AP Exclusive: China tightens up on info after Xinjiang leaksPeople in touch with state employees in China say the government in the far west region of Xinjiang is destroying documents and taking other steps to tighten control on information
Panel vote sends Trump impeachment charges to full HouseDemocrats propelled President Donald Trump's impeachment toward a vote by the full U.S. House on Friday, as the Judiciary Committee approved charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress in the constitutional and political storm that has divided Congress and the nation.
Trump says US, China have reached deal; Sunday tariffs offPresident Donald Trump said Friday that the U.S. and China have reached a Phase 1 trade deal, de-escalating a 17-month dispute between the economic powers.
From punchline to political star: the rise of Boris JohnsonBoris Johnson's many critics have often dismissed him as a political clown
EU leaders debate Brexit as UK election indicates a way outEU leaders are discussing Britain's departure from the bloc amid some relief that Prime Minister Boris Johnson has a clear majority in Parliament to drive a Brexit divorce deal through
Abandoned graveyards found amid southern Indiana developmentGEORGETOWN, Ind. (AP) - As new developments have increasingly strayed from the beaten path in southern Indiana, forgotten remnants of years gone by continue to be rediscovered in its rural communities. Such has been the case in the unincorporated areas immediately surrounding Georgetown. An ongoing boom there has seen former farmlands, golf courses and other generally vacant fields eyeballed as potential subdivisions and commercial developments.
Earlham student is 1st Rhodes Scholar from AfghanistanRICHMOND, Ind. (AP) - Summia Tora deems herself "lucky" and "privileged" given her circumstances. When you take into consideration what Tora has endured and where she has been, you might agree. Before Tora's birth, she said her father was imprisoned for rebelling against the Soviet invasion in the 1980s. When she was a newborn, her family fled from its native country of Afghanistan to Pakistan, and Tora's life has long been marked by injustice. Tora and her family, as Afghan refugees, enjoyed a fraction of the same rights as citizens of Pakistan, including the pursuit of education beyond high school.
Ex-Sudan strongman al-Bashir gets 2 years for corruptionA court in Sudan has convicted former President Omar al-Bashir of money laundering and corruption, sentencing him to two years in a minimum-security lockup
Church services, vigils mark Sandy Hook shooting anniversaryVigils and church services were held in Connecticut to mark the seventh anniversary of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and remember victims of other gun violence
Shooting at suburban Atlanta mall injures 1 as shoppers fleeA shooting in a mall food court has sent suburban Atlanta shoppers fleeing in panic
- 4:35 PMSpecialist teams hope to recover last 2 volcano victims
- 4:22 PMArgentina: British tourist killed in mugging attempt
- 4:09 PMSaudi gunman tweeted against US before naval base shooting
- 4:04 PMFBI recovers van it says may be linked to Jersey City attack
- 3:58 PMFormer Gary, Indiana, Mayor Richard Hatcher dead at 86
- 3:58 PMGreta Thunberg apologizes for 'against the wall' comment
- 3:37 PMProtracted street clashes engulf Beirut near protest camp
More Suburban News
- Downers GroveCarjackings reported in Downers Grove, Warrenville
- St. CharlesWhat should a longer elementary day look like in District 303?
- WaukeganThree charged in armed robberies of pedestrians in Waukegan
- LibertyvilleDowntown Metra lot repair on hold after development fizzles
- Glen EllynGlen Ellyn looks to sell land at Five Corners intersection
- NewsU-46 schools mark holiday season with activities, charity events
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect hires law firm to handle Block 56 redevelopment issues
- Boys' BasketballPalatine hands Barrington first loss
- Boys' BasketballRolling Meadows handles Wheeling
- Boys' BasketballSchaumburg shakes off pesky Hoffman to stay unbeaten
- Girls' BasketballNaperville North has winning formula against Naperville Central
- Cook CountyWoman killed on I294 crossing from disabled vehicle
- WaukeganThree killed in head-on crash in Beach Park
- LibertyvilleLibertyville woman jailed for cutting another with pocket knife
- Wheaton$100 to help families get food in Venezuela