Graduates in the Class of 2021: 470
Graduation Speaker: Suhannee Patel
• 180 students on the 7 semester Honor Roll
• 96 Illinois State Scholars
• National Merit Commended Students: Jacob Carrol, Max Feldman, Nathan Gerstein, Corrigan Johnston, Ronit Kapoor, Jonathan Mason, Victoria Medina, Roni Ochakovski, Noah Short, Nicholas Trufanov, Elizabeth Yen and Anna Yoon.
• National Merit Scholarship Finalist: Brittany Rogus, Caroline Sun
• National Merit Scholarship Winner: Justin Kutsor
12 Show Award: Alexander Ketcham, Sammie Kopp, Julia Lane, Stephanie Lane, Alina Malin, Jora Pugliese, Juliana Robinson, Brittany Rogus and Sara Webster.
• 95 students received the North Suburban Conference All Academic award. Kayla Bailey and Justin Kutsor (LZHS Scholar Athletes of the Year) Daniel Dunlap (12 Sport Athlete)
• "Now. Here. This." (spring musical)
• "Squirrel Girls Goes to College" (Winter Theatre)
• "Dracula," a radio show (Fall Show)
Senior Class gift: The senior class is providing outdoor seating for our atrium.
What traditional events were adapted for the pandemic and how?
All of our events changed is some way shape or form this year. We are proud of the way, as a community, we have come together to make the events happen, safely and in a manner that is reflective of the Class of 2021.
What were the most significant challenges faced by the Class of 2021 and how did they overcome them?
The Class of 2021 has overcome a global pandemic. There is so much that can be said about just that, but they have overcome it all to receive the honor of being called the Class of 2021.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2021:
I think the most critical thing we, as a school, and especially the class of 2021 has embraced is hope. Samuel Smiles stated, "Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us." For the past fifteen months, school has significantly changed in both structure and implementation. We have all had to embrace an incredible learning curve with technology, Zoom, in-person, and remote instruction. Our seniors have done it with grace, dignity, and resilience. They have taken the time to reflect and celebrate in the midst of this challenge. Their talents shined this year, and I am so very proud of their leadership and commitment.
-- Principal Erin Deluga