Graduates in the Class of 2021: 644
Valedictorian: David Soh
Salutatorian: Della Angelakos
Summa Cum Laude: 59 Graduates
Magna Cum Laude: 90 Graduates
Cum Laude: 90 Graduates
Graduating with both the high school diploma and associates' degree: David Soh and Della Angelakos
Student Council Executive Board Members: Della Griffin, LoreAnn Sprouse, Leslie Meza
• ILMEA All-State Musician: Alexander Stiefel, Honors Chorus Bass II
• "Friday Night Streamed," a student-written sketch comedy production, and
• "Pippin," our streamed musical.
Senior Class gift: Outdoor Movie Screen
What traditional events were adapted for the pandemic and how?
• Our Fall Play and Musical were both streamed as opposed to being in-person productions.
• Graduation is being split into two ceremonies with limited tickets as opposed to one ceremony with all of our graduates and families together.
• Prom was held at Jacobs High School with groups of 50 rotating through a red carpet event, snacks and selfie station, dancing, and then a murder mystery event.
• Our athletic seasons were turned upside down with shortened, overlapping seasons.
• Get Out of Your Head & Day of Service were transitioned to include remote options and all activities were adapted this year to ensure COVID mitigations were followed.
• Our school schedule changed each quarter, but our students transitioned well from more of a block schedule while they were all remote in the fall to our nine period day when in person learning began this spring.
• Our musical concerts and senior awards were moved outdoors.
What were the most significant challenges faced by the Class of 2021 and how did they overcome them?
COVID and the pandemic have created countless challenges for the Class of 2021. Our seniors have shown unbelievable flexibility as we have changed academic schedules, athletic seasons, expectations in the building, etc. Our students went from learning fully remote through Zoom on a block schedule to coming in every other day learning on Zoom one day then in person the next.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2021:
In this crazy world, you, the Class of 2021, are the survivors. You are the strong and the proud students who have proven to your parents and your teachers that you can overcome any obstacle and you can meet any challenge with courage and conviction. We all applaud you for your strength and fortitude, and we feel confident that the past four years, and especially the past year, have prepared you for what lies ahead. Whether you chose to learn remotely or in person this past school year, there's one lesson we hope you have come to realize: you are all Chargers; you are all vital members of our school. We hope that all of you travel forward -- but look back on Dundee-Crown with pride.
-- Principal Katie Wishowski