Graduates in Class of 2020: 161
Valedictorian: Zofia Stawiarska
Salutatorian: Stephen Foster
Class Executive Council: Brogan Pivnicka, president; Daniel Stumpf, vice president; Faith Diamond, recording secretary; Bennett Arza, corresponding secretary; Ben Minneci, treasurer.
Senior Council: James Rochotte, president; Maaz Haque, vice president; Sophia McManus, corresponding secretary; Jayden Thiergood, recording secretary; Carly Hill, girls social chair; Paul Serder; boys social chair; Hailea Sacco-Nicketta, treasurer.
Outstanding Achievement Awards: Business -- Delaney Yarwood; Engineering -- Shaun Nayahangan; English -- Zofia Stawiarska; French -- Hailea Sacco-NIcketta; Mathematics -- Sarah Scheper; Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics Award -- Zofia Stawiarska; Physical Education -- Drew Gillum and Abigail Kurcz; Science -- Susan Lim; Social Sciences -- Stephen Foster; Spanish -- Zachary Carrera; Theology -- Zofia Stawiarska.
East Suburban Catholic Conference Scholar Athletes: Stephen Foster, Andrew Pascente, Benjamin Minneci, Brogan Pivnicka, Samuel Lavin, Benjamin Reuter, Matthew Wember, Alexander Eschenbacher, Daniel Stumpf, Benjamin Schneider, Zofia Stawiarska, Siobhan Stoll, Sarah Scheper, Hailea Sacco-Nicketta, Madeline Conti-Mica, Madison Hogel, Faith Diamond, Samantha Stevens, Mackenzie Goad, Reagan Kelly.
• Janelle Allen, first-team all-conference in basketball, earned a scholarship to Holy Cross
• Ryan Jones took 15th place at the Class 2A IHSA Cross Country State Finals and fifth place at state in the 3200-meter race in track (2019) and earned ESCC All-Conference Class 2A All-State (cross country)
• Reagan Kelly participated in the three events at the state series in track (2018 & 2019)
• Siobhan Stoll, 13th place at state in the 3200-meter race in track (2019), eighth place at the Class 2A IHSA Cross Country State finals, earned ESCC All-Conference, Class 2A All-State, was named Northwest Herald Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year (2019), and earned a scholarship to Creighton University
• Jayden Thiergood, football, earned MVP for the purple division of the ESCC, ESCC All-Conference, and earned a scholarship to Air Force Academy
• Daniel Valeria, wrestling, earned ESCC All-Conference, was ESCC wrestling champion at weight class 132, won regional and sectional (Class 2A), finished in fourth place at Class 2A Individual State Finals, became all-time career leader in wins with 146
• Wrestling team won ESCC championship, regional and sectional (Class 2A), and qualified for Class 2A State Finals.
Extracurricular achievements: Olivia Arza, Newspaper Service Award and Yearbook Service Award; Alexander Eschenbacher, Scholastic Bowl; Abigail Kurcz, Outstanding Female Senior Artist; Robert Motta, Outstanding Male Senior Artist; Mary Narusis, Outstanding Thespian; Cecilia O'Neill, National School Orchestra Award; Emily Ostrowski, crew member for the 2020 Illinois High School theater production of "Aida"; Hannah Paulson, National School Choral Award, Theater Character Award and member of the Illinois All State Choir 2019 and 2020; Brogan Pivnicka, Student Government Service Award; Ben Schneider was the recipient of the 2020 St. Timothy Award; Zofia Stawiarska, John Philip Sousa Band Award; Eva Tersteeg, National Honor Society Leadership Award.
Theater productions: "Ask Any Girl (fall production) and "Annie" (spring musical)
Homecoming King and Queen: Marcus Hennigfield and Madison Hogel
Homecoming theme: Yacht Party
What was new for the Class of 2020: New principal Debra Novy; Through private donations, new Incubator.edu classroom was built, offering students a unique entrepreneurial class; new Spiritual Director Father Jared Twenty; new Assistant Superintendent Mike Shukis; new Assistant Principal Joe Price; experienced a fall lightning strike to the school that caused extensive damage; repairs were made structurally as well as to air conditioning, lighting, technology infrastructure and boiler.
Notable visitors: Rachel's Challenge program, 2019; Marcus Robinson, former Chicago Bears wide receiver; Deacon Art Miller.
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2020: The members of the Class of 2020 are some of the most creative, intelligent and resilient individuals that I have ever encountered. Their passion for the events of the world, their service to others and problem-solving abilities allow them to focus on how they can individually and collaboratively make a positive impact on the world. I am particularly connected with this graduating class because, as I began my principalship of Marian Central Catholic High School when they were freshmen, we took this journey together. I am extremely proud of this class and am excited to see how they take on the world!
-- Principal Debra Novy