Graduates in Class of 2020: 457
Honors graduates: Ava Amidei, Brooke Bair, Teegan Barnett, Molly Bath, Rachel Bertaud, Julia Blockinger, Rachel Bond, Anna Bowman, Shea Brennan, Kaitlyn Brown, Jasmine Campos, Anthony Cardinale, Daniel Chamoun, Daniel Chernyavsky, Audrey Chung, Christian Classen, Helen Clifford, Catharine Corliss, Ian Cox, Lydia Crow, Erin Custod, Aishwarya Das, Molly DeLude, Sofia Denkovski, Sean Devaney, Sarah Donofrio, Moira Duffy, Camden Edmunds, Jordan Erdal, Melani Faber, Sofia Faillaci, Samantha Fan, Gilbert Ferguson, Lorenzo Franciosi, Jacopo Franciosi, Abigail Frea, Julia Fryrear, Emma Gleason, William Gordon, Amanda Gourley, Patrick Graham, Thea Grauer, Isabelle Greenberg, Mara Gregory, Colin Hackett, Katherine Haidvogel, Rachel Hamilton, Cameron Hamilton, Ryan Harrison, Matthew Harvey, John He, Anna Heard, Grace Henderson, Evan Hertzler, Megan Higgins, Jada Higgins, Anna Hirons, Reece Hoff, Benjamin Hohner, Drew Hopkins, Alexandra Hugdahl, Samuel Hurh, Maggie Hutchins, Bruce Jahncke, Autumn Jermakowicz, Nathan John, Ainsley Johnson, Cassidy Jones, Tyler Jurczyk, Polina Kleandrova, Ryan Knudten, Margaret Koberstein, Karina Konshin, Grace Kraft, Ryan Krieghbaum, Madeline Kuntz, Claire Larson, Kathleen Lee, Helen Leverson, Jessica Li, Cali Lichter, Allen Liu, Cooper Lounsbury, Philip Loveland, Thomas Loveland, Shaun Luce, Christopher Mack, Mark Madland, Jackson Manchik, Eva Mazzeno, Anna Meerschaert, William Moore, Colleen Mullins, William Murphy, Jack Nicholson, Joseph Nowak, Joelle Ocheltree, Katherine Olson, Isaac Paul, Matthew Pavlik, Mark Plunkett, Claire Salemi, Isabela Santiago, Emmelea Schatz, Bennett Scheunemann, James Schmidt, Jessica Schrag, Jason Sekili, Sathveka Sembian, Catherine Shoemaker, Jennifer Short, Kaylee Short, Jack Stavrakos, Konrad Stefanski, Audrey Stephenson, Albert Sterner, Kevin Stone, Ava Szatmary, Rei-Yi Tan, Alexander Tang, Claire Taranowski, Karen Tarman, William Tegtmeyer, Ethan True, Christian Underwood, Victoria Villanueva-Guzman, Mia Vla, Christian Voelker, Emily Waddick, Madeline Wasser, Madeline Weaver, Lauren Weick, Colleen Welch, Gianna Whitney, Nathan Williamson, Nicole Woloszyn, Noah Wolski, Rayna Wuh, Andrew Yan, Mingyi Yuan, Constance Zanze, Alysa Zhang.
Graduation Speaker: Julia Blockinger
Senior Class Board: Brooke Bair, Julia Blockinger, Samantha Burkett, Chloe Mahoney, Natalie Manfredini.
National Merit Finalists: Samantha Fan, Isabelle Greenberg, Emmelea Schatz, Thomas Loveland, Jessica Li.
National Merit Commended Students: Anthony Cardinale, Audrey Chung, Christian Classen, Catharine Corliss, William Gordon, Thea Grauer, John He, Evan Hertzler, Drew Hopkins, Nathan John, Cassidy Jones, Ryan Krieghbaum, Ethan Landry, Cali Lichter, Eva Mazzeno, Colleen Mullins, Jason Sekili, Kevin Stone, Madeline Weaver, Alysa Zhang.
National Hispanic Commended Students: Grace Henderson, Mark Plunkett
Athletic achievements (fall): Girls Cross Country -- Regional Champions; Boys Cross Country -- team sectional qualifier, Will Gordon, state qualifier; Football -- IHSA Class 7A state playoff qualifier; Girls Golf -- team sectional qualifier; Boys Golf -- team sectional qualifier; Boys Soccer -- NSC Conference and Regional Champions; Volleyball -- NSC Conference, Regional and Sectional Champions; Girls Diving -- Cameron Hamilton. state qualifier.
• NSC Fall Sportsmanship Award Winners: Boys Golf -- James Schmidt; Girls Golf -- Payton DeBruler; Boys Cross Country -- Dane Whitney; Girls Cross Country -- Margaret Buchert; Football -- Shaun Luce; Boys Soccer -- Issac Paul; Girls Swimming and Diving -- Sarah Bennett; Girls Tennis -- Maggie Forkner; Girls Volleyball -- Maria Kavathas.
Athletic achievements (winter): Boys Bowling -- IHSA sectional qualifier, Alex Nelson was an individual state qualifier; Girls Bowling -- IHSA sectional qualifier; Dance -- IHSA Class 2A State Tournament qualifier and a 7th place team finish; Girls Basketball -- North Suburban Conference and Regional Champions; Wrestling -- North Suburban Conference and Regional Champions, E'lan Heard placed 5th at the State Wrestling Tournament; Boys Diving -- Isaac Paul qualified for state.
• NSC Winter Sportsmanship Award Winners: Boys Basketball -- Jackson Watson; Girls Basketball -- Brooke Bair; Boys Bowling -- Alex Nelson; Girls Bowling -- Sofya Karpicheva; Cheerleading -- Kevin Stone; Dance -- Jenny Higgason; Girls Gymnastics -- Constance Zanze; Boys Swimming and Diving -- Isaac Paul; Wrestling -- Dane Whitney.
• Math Team won first place in Regionals; Dylan Trott placed first in Orals; Dylan Trott and Samantha Fan placed second with The Calculator Team; John He placed second with the The Junior/Senior Two Person Team; John He, Daniel Chamoun, Nathan John, Jack Stavrakos placed second with the Junior/Senior Eight Person Team; Nathan John finished 8th and Samantha Fan finished 4th on the Pre-calculus Written test; John He was the individual regional champion in pre-calculus and qualified for the AIME (American Invitational Mathematics Examination) by scoring in the top 5% in the nation on the AMC (American Mathematics Competition).
• State qualifiers: Science Olympiad, Math Team, FBLA, Academic Decathlon (8th in state)
• Libertyville High School Wildcat Productions took 1st and 2nd place in Live Event Coverage -- Sports
Theater productions during the 2019-20 school year: "All Shook Up," "Air Guitar High," and "Romeo and Juliet."
Senior Class gift: Fountain for the new outdoor classroom courtyard
Homecoming Queen: Grace Kraft
Homecoming theme: Welcome to the Jungle (Student spirit section called the Jungle)
Turnabout King: Joey Bissing
Turnabout theme: Generation Wildcat
What was new for the Class of 2020: New principal, Dr. Thomas Koulentes; 2018 Blue Ribbon School of Excellence; New facilities -- pool, Butler Lake Hall, outdoor classroom courtyard, new classroom furniture and learning spaces.
Notable visitors: Tom Morello
Principal's reflections on the Class of 2020: The Class of 2020 will long be remembered for their extraordinary school spirit and their exuberance in supporting all LHS activities. In addition, when the coronavirus pandemic hit, the Class of 2020 didn't think of itself, instead, these students pulled together and found ways to support our school and community to help us all get through this tough time. These are wonderful students with the brightest of futures.
-- Principal Thomas Koulentes