Local traffic hot spots in the suburban area this spring and summer
Here's a look at some regional projects this spring and summer.
Cook County• Rebuilding and widening Lake-Cook Road from Raupp Boulevard to Hastings Lane in Buffalo Grove and Wheeling.
• Preserving and repairing pavement on West Lake Avenue from Wolf to Landwehr roads in Mount Prospect and Glenview.
• Repairing pavement on Dempster Street from Route 83 to Wolf Road between Elmhurst and Des Plaines.
• Replacing joints and deck on the Bartlett Road bridge over Poplar Creek in Hoffman Estates.
• Resurfacing on Northwest Highway (Route 14) between Smith and Hicks roads in Palatine.
• Bridge work on Higgins Road at the CN Railroad bridge in Hoffman Estates.
DuPage County • Resurfacing on County Farm Road from Army Trail Road to North Avenue in the Carol Stream area.
• Resurfacing on Schmale Road from Army Trail Road to North Avenue in Carol Stream and Glendale Heights.
• Resurfacing on Main Street (Downers Grove) between 55th to 63rd streets.
• Resurfacing on Meyers Road from Butterfield Road to 31st Street in the Oak Brook area.
• Resurfacing on Winfield Road between Roosevelt and Butterfield roads in Winfield.
• Resurfacing on Mill Street between Ogden Avenue and Warrenville Road in Naperville and Warrenville.
Lake County• Resurfacing on Butterfield Road from Route 176 in Libertyville to Route 45 in Vernon Hills.
• Reconstructing Buffalo Grove Road between Deerfield Parkway and Route 22 in southern Lake.
• Rebuilding and widening Quentin Road between White Pine Road and Route 22 in Ela Township and Kildeer.
• Rebuilding 14th Street between Route 131 and Jackson Street in North Chicago.
Fox Valley • Improving the intersection of Fabyan Parkway and Kirk Road.
• Replacing the deck of the Fabyan Parkway bridge over the Fox River.
• Improving signals on Randall Road between Silver Glen Road and North County Line Road.
• Traffic signal modifications at Fabyan Parkway, and Hughes, Randall, and Orchard roads.
• Construction on Algonquin Road between Harvest Gate and Oakleaf roads in south McHenry County.
• Resurfacing on River Road between Lily Lake and Black Partridge roads in east McHenry County.