Sources of Legionnaires' identified
The bacteria that causes Legionnaires' disease was detected in one apartment, a pool filter, an irrigation system and a decorative water fountain at Brookdale Senior Living, 145 N. Milwaukee Ave., in Vernon Hills.
The samples were collected Feb. 5 before full preventive measures were implemented at the facility, according to the Lake County Health Department.
Five confirmed cases of Legionnaires' disease, including one death, have been identified at Brookdale but no new cases have been reported within the past week, health officials reported.
Legionnaires' is a type of severe pneumonia that occurs when a person inhales water mist or vapor containing the bacteria. Visit health.lakecountyil.gov.