Fire damages recently renovated Round Lake Park house

 
Daily Herald report
Updated 12/27/2019 5:43 PM

A fire Thursday night left a recently renovated house in Round Lake Park uninhabitable, officials said Friday.

Greater Round Lake Fire Protection District officials said the fire started in the basement, where the homeowner had been doing plumbing work before selling the house next week.

 

When firefighters arrived just after 8 p.m., they found smoke coming from the home on the 500 block of Fairlawn Drive. The blaze had climbed through the home's walls and into the attic, officials said. The fire was extinguished within 20 minutes, but the damage to the house was significant because it had been smoldering for hours.

Eight other departments assisted, officials said. No injuries were reported.

0 Comments
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.