Where do people work in Schaumburg? Woodfield leads the way
Woodfield Mall leads the way when it comes to places where people work in Schaumburg.
Schaumburg has about 5,000 businesses with a combined 75,000 employees, according to the latest figures from the village's economic development department.
Woodfield, with its 4,000 workers, is well ahead of second place Zurich North America.
Although Motorola Solutions is far from the powerhouse it used to be, it still has a strong presence as the village's fourth largest employer.
"I think Motorola's 1,600 engineers still working in Schaumburg might surprise folks," village Economic Development Director Matt Frank said. "Motorola has made a commitment to keep these jobs in Schaumburg as part of our (tax increment financing) deal."
Frank said another Top 10 employer that might seem surprising is Nation Pizza Products.
"Most people don't realize Schaumburg is home to several large manufacturers," he said. "Nation Pizza runs three shifts and produces sandwiches, appetizers and desserts in addition to pizzas found in the local grocery stores."
Here are the Top 10 workplaces in Schaumburg:
1. Woodfield Mall, with 4,000 workers in the retail sector.
2. Financial/insurance company Zurich North America, with 2,600 employees.
3. Schaumburg Township Elementary District 54, with 2,030 workers.
4. Motorola Solutions, with 1,600 employees in the telecommunications industry.
5. OptumRx, with 1,300 workers in the insurance sector.
6. IBM, with 900 employees in computer systems.
7. Finance/insurance company Genworth Financial Capital, 850 workers.
8. Paylocity, with 800 employees in the information technology/software development industry.
9. Nation Pizza Products, with 700 workers in food product distribution.
10. Senior living Friendship Village, with 650 employees.