Gymnast Sunisa Lee wins all-around gold
Sunisa Lee became the fifth straight American woman to claim the Olympic title in the women's gymmastics all-around competition.
Officials in Tokyo alarmed as virus cases hit record highsJapanese officials have sounded the alarm as Tokyo reported record-breaking coronavirus cases for the third straight day with the Olympics well underway
Report: UK could hit 40 Celsius soon due to climate changeA report by leading meteorologists says Britain has become wetter and warmer as a result of climate change
Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire SaturdayThe Biden administration on Thursday announced it will allow a nationwide ban on evictions to expire Saturday, arguing that its hands are tied after the Supreme Court signaled it could only be extended until the end of the month.
Once fading, mask sales starting to reboundMasks, which had started to disappear from store shelves, may be front and center again.
Violent arrest in Colorado reignites anger over policingA video showing a police officer pistol-whipping and choking a Black man during an arrest in a Denver suburb has reignited anger over policing in the community
COVID-19 rates a worry as 1 million head for Iowa State FairWith coronavirus cases rising throughout Iowa and around the nation, health experts are becoming increasingly worried about next month's Iowa State Fair, which will bring more than 1 million people to Des Moines from around the state, including many from counties with low vaccination rates and increasing prevalence of the disease.
Youth Olympics athlete dies after training accident in CubaYouth Olympics hammer thrower Alegna Osorio has died from head injuries sustained in a training accident in Cuba
Carl Levin, Michigan's longest-serving senator, dies at 87Former Sen. Carl Levin, a powerful voice for the military during his career as Michigan's longest-serving U.S. senator, has died
Yet another truck strikes roof of Long Grove bridgeA truck became wedged under the roof of Long Grove's iconic covered bridge late Thursday afternoon, marking at least the 15th time the bridge has been damaged since it reopened last August after major repairs from a previous crash.
Storm damage causing power outages throughout area and Route 25 lane closures in East DundeeStorm damage early Thursday morning caused power outages throughout the area and lane closures along portions of Route 25 in East Dundee.
- 9:29 PMFloods make thousands homeless in Bangladesh Rohingya camps
- 9:27 PMEx-Sen. Levin, Michigan's longest-serving senator, has died
- 9:22 PMJanice Mirikitani, poet, San Francisco church leader, dies
- 9:15 PMIllinois reports winners of 55 marijuana licenses in lottery
- 9:08 PMBoat crash victim identified as Fox River Grove man
- 9:06 PMNearly hourlong police chase ends in wetland
- 8:58 PMNew police chiefs appointed in Libertyville and Lake Villa
More Suburban News
- MundeleinNearly hourlong police chase ends in wetland
- CarpentersvilleElgin man dies in early-morning Carpentersville shooting, police say
- Fox River GroveBoat crash victim identified as Fox River Grove man
- LombardNew Lombard public art mural pops up at Yorktown Center
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates village hall to resume weekend hours
- Hanover ParkHanover Park car show raising money for summer youth programs
- SchaumburgDavid Bowie tribute and Great White to play Schaumburg's Septemberfest
- WheatonDog dies in Wheaton house fire Wednesday night
- East DundeeShop Dundee event highlights local stores in downtown East and West Dundee
- SchaumburgFormer CIA director, Army Gen. Petraeus to headline Judson event
- St. Charles36th Annual Scarecrow Fest slated for October in St. Charles
- Oak BrookMayslake Peabody Estate to reopen Aug. 4 with 'Capturing Nature' art exhibit
- LibertyvillePeterson Road to close in Libertyville starting Monday
- St. CharlesRiver Corridor Foundation taking on Langum Park project in St. Charles
- SchaumburgTrickster hosting Monarchs & Art fun fair Saturday in Schaumburg
Through the Film Magnifer, Walter Payton, Shadow Traffic, Danny Thomas at Woodfield Mall, Julia Child and more