High court sides with ex-athletes in NCAA compensation case
The Supreme Court decided unanimously Monday that the NCAA can't enforce rules limiting education-related benefits -- like computers and paid internships -- that colleges offer to student athletes.
Ransomware gangs get paid off as officials struggle for fixThe dilemma surrounding ransomware payments has left U.S. officials fumbling about how to respond to such demands
Companies give vaccines to workers, boosting Japan's rolloutThousands of Japanese companies began distributing COVID-19 vaccines to workers and their families Monday in an employer-led drive reaching more than 13 million people that aims to rev up the nation's slow vaccine rollout.
German tourists investigated in Italy for fatal boat crashItalian police say they are investigating two German tourists from Munich for a boat collision on Lake Garda which killed an Italian man and woman
Fully vaccinated Canadians exempt from quarantine in JulyFully vaccinated Canadian citizens who test negative for COVID-19 will be exempt from two weeks of quarantine when returning to the country in early July, officials said Monday.
Vaccine hesitancy puts India's gains against virus at riskIn Jamsoti, a village tucked deep inside India's most populous state of Uttar Pradesh, the common refrain among the villagers is that the coronavirus spreads only in cities. The deadly infection, they believe, does not exist in villages.
Vaccine hesitancy puts India's gains against virus at riskIndia's vaccination efforts are being undermined by widespread hesitancy and fear of the jabs, fueled by misinformation and mistrust
Spanish leader: 9 Catalan separatists will receive pardonsPrime Minister Pedro SÃ¡nchez says the Spanish Cabinet will approve pardons for nine separatist Catalan politicians and activists imprisoned for their roles in the 2017 push to break away from Spain
Bodies of 2 brothers pulled from Ohio RiverKentucky officials say the bodies of two brothers who had apparently been boating have been pulled from the Ohio River
Indiana man's body found in debris after weekend floodingOfficials say the body of a Bloomington man who was swept away Friday night after his vehicle got caught in flash flooding has been found in flood debris
'Our neighbor's house is gone': Likely EF-3 tornado rips through Naperville, WoodridgeA tornado that cut a path of destruction in Naperville and Woodridge has a preliminary rating of an EF-3, the National Weather Service said Monday, making it the most powerful twister to hit the Chicago metropolitan area in six years.
- 8:23 PMDon't ignore outdoor warning sirens, weather experts say
- 8:22 PMSunday's tornado joins list of significant twisters in suburban history
- 7:57 PMMexico president to investigate border shooting of innocents
- 7:37 PMHanover Park man shot to death in Chicago
- 7:27 PMTaliban take key Afghan district, adding to string of wins
- 7:23 PM5-year-old girl struck and killed by truck near Arlington Heights
- 7:22 PMSuu Kyi tells lawyers trial testimony against her is wrong
More Suburban News
- Des Plaines$500,000 bail set for Des Plaines man linked to $22 million drug bust
- Lake CountyTwo dogs in Lake County quarantined amid rabies investigation
- Des PlainesDes Plaines police make child pornography arrest
- AlgonquinDistrict 300 donates buses to fire department for training exercises
- MundeleinIndictment alleges Lake Co. residents illegally sent defense gear to Russia
- Downers GroveChicago man gets 16-year sentence for attempted Downers Grove carjacking
- LisleSensory Garden Playground in Lisle receives $15,000 grant
- St. CharlesSt. Charles plan commissioner poised to be appointed to county board
- ElginA tour de suburbs: Pro cyclists return for Intelligentsia Cup races
- NewsDistrict 211 adopts plan to improve educational equity
- WheatonWheaton museum to host Vietnam combat aviator for virtual presentation
- Hanover ParkHanover Park man shot to death in Chicago
- Elk Grove Village'Tiring, but energizing and positive': Elk Grove Rotary Fest wraps up
- Naperville'Our neighbor's house is gone': Likely EF-3 tornado rips through Naperville, Woodridge
- Crime5-year-old girl struck and killed by truck near Arlington Heights
Through the Film Magnifier: Bob Collins, Jack Nicklaus, Richard Daley, Woodfield Mall Ice Arena and more