Neighbors in the news: Schaumburg's ECG Core Lab names new director of training
• Susan Robbins has joined Schaumburg-based HeartcoR Solutions, a leading ECG Core Lab provider, as director of training.
With 25 years of experience helping organizations in a wide range of industries achieve business goals through employee learning and development, Robbins will oversee training and development efforts designed to maintain a collaborative culture that promotes innovation and success.
"Susan's natural curiosity, enthusiasm for innovation, and commitment to the success of others make her a valuable addition as we work to ensure a focus on quality and success during our expansion," said John Icardi, president and COO of HeartcoR Solutions.
"Susan has a strong vision and passion for our future, and her contributions will strengthen our team and enhance the support we provide to our partners in early- and late-stage clinical safety trials."
Robbins holds a bachelor's degree from Temple University. She most recently built the training practice at e3 Diagnostics, an industry leader in hearing health care. She has also presented at Chicago-area learning conferences.
• Attorneys Jennifer L. Ashley and Tara R. Devine, both of Libertyville, have been named to the 2023 Edition of Best Lawyers, one of the oldest and most respected peer-review publications in the legal profession.
Attorneys named to the Best Lawyers in America list are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Ashley and Devine are partners at the law firm of Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, with offices in Chicago and Waukegan, where they focus their practice on personal injury, medical malpractice and products liability.
Both send their children to Libertyville schools and are very close friends as well as co-workers. Devine was recently sworn in as the president of the Lake County Bar Association.
• Attorney Jonathan J. Lee has joined the Estate Planning and Administration and Litigation practice groups at Schaumburg-based Lavelle Law.
Lee received his J.D. from Washington University School of Law in 2016, where he served as senior editor for the Washington University Law Review. He has worked as an associate at several Chicago firms, most recently Peck Ritchey, LLC.
"Our Estate Planning and Administration group is among our busiest, so having someone with Jonathan's experience will provide a substantial boost to that team," said Lavelle Law Managing Partner Ted McGinn.
"The fact that he is also an experienced litigator allows us greater flexibility in serving our clients across multiple needs."
A Magna Cum Laude graduate of Syracuse University, Lee is a member of the Chicago and Illinois Bar Associations.
• Congratulations to Gianna Cascella, a Wheeling Park District lifeguard, for earning the prestigious Golden Guard Award from Ellis and Associates, an international aquatic safety and risk management consulting firm.
This elite status is achieved by only 1% of all lifeguards evaluated at Ellis and Associates client facilities. The lifeguards are secretly filmed by an Ellis and Associates staff member and then the auditors grade the staff on all their skills, ranging from CPR to rescue techniques.
• Submit 'Neighbors in the News' items to firstname.lastname@example.org.