Neighbors in the News: Barrington native joins Arlington Heights realty team
• The Schwabe Group, an Arlington Heights-based member of @properties, welcomed licensed broker Taylor Schulhof to its team.
Schulhof, a Barrington native, has an in-depth knowledge of residential real estate in the Chicago area and is passionate about helping clients find their dream home.
She attended DePaul University and earned a degree in marketing. After a successful career working in client services and brand management, Schulhof discovered her true passion was real estate. She switched careers and worked as a leasing agent for a national property management company.
"During my time as a leasing agent, I learned so much about the industry, and the work really reinforced my desire to work with clients one-on-one," Schulhof said.
"I honed my skills guiding clients through the home buying and selling processes, and I'm thrilled to do the same for my clients at The Schwabe Group."
• Bloomingdale resident Christine L. Cottle was promoted to senior vice president and territory sales director for PNC Retail Banking to support sales and service teams for PNC's consumer and small business clients in the West regions, which includes Illinois and six other states.
Cottle, who has more than 25 years of financial services experience, most recently served as PNC Retail Banking Sales and Client Experience manager for the Chicago area and Wisconsin.
She earned a bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh, and completed additional industry training programs from the American Bankers Association of Business Banking School and the CBA Executive Banking School. She is a certified PNC Women's Business Advocate.
Cottle volunteers with several PNC initiatives that support diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, mentoring and professional development. She helped launch PNC's inaugural African-American Employee Business Resource Group in Chicago, and is an active member of PNC's Black Leaders Forum and PNC's Women Connect Employee Business Resource Group.
• Peter Wallers, chairman of the board of Engineering Enterprises, Inc., Sugar Grove, was chosen as the Illinois Section of American Water Works Association's Water Professional of the Year Award.
The award is presented to a professional in the water industry (engineer, lab analyst, designer, representative, educator, etc.) that has demonstrated dedication and has motivated others to pursue a career in the water industry
Additionally, Wallers received the Illinois Section of American Society of Civil Engineers' Civil Engineer of the Year Award, which is presented to a professional that advances the civil engineering profession, provides guidance to future and junior civil engineers, and is heavily involved in civic and humanitarian activities.
Wallers, a Certified Floodplain Manager and a licensed Professional Engineer in Wisconsin and Illinois, was named president and CEO of Engineering Enterprises, Inc., in 2006 and president of the board in 2020.
• Gastroenterologist Dr. David Jandura has joined the Medical Group at Northwest Community Healthcare.
Dr. Jandura earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago and completed his internal medicine residency at University of Illinois Hospital/Jesse Brown VA Medical Center. He completed his gastroenterology fellowship at University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria in June 2021.
Dr. Jandura sees patients at 880 W. Central, Suite 4500, in Arlington Heights, at the Busse Center for Specialty Medicine's gastroenterology practice. He is fluent in Polish and English.
• Kirsten Dean of Round Lake Beach was one of eight Central College students who participated in a women's leadership conference on campus Aug. 16-20. It is the third year for the conference, designed to provide opportunities for Central seniors nominated by faculty and staff members.
The event allows them to meet with experts in their fields whose character sets an example for women scholars and future leaders.
Dean is majoring in psychology and Spanish.
• Send 'Neighbor in the News' items to email@example.com.