Dining out: Wildfire hosts Church Street Brewing for Oktoberfest beer dinners
Oktoberfest beer dinners
It's Oktoberfest time, and Church Street Brewing Co. is joining with Wildfire for special four-course beer dinners to show off its German-style brews. The dinners begin with a reception at 6:30 p.m. with passed appetizers of smoked barbecue Polish sausages and housemade truffle taters paired with Church Street Heavenly Helles. The seated dinner, which starts at 7 p.m., features spicy Korean-style braised chicken paired with Church Street Devil's Advocate, pork tenderloin schnitzel paired with Church Street Itascafest Märzen, and for dessert, Milk Stout S'Mores Soufflé matched with Church Street Holy Cow Milk Stout. Each dinner costs $60 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are required. Dinners start at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, at Wildfire Lincolnshire, 235 Parkway Drive, (847) 279-7900, and Wildfire Schaumburg, 1250 E. Higgins Road, (847) 995-0100, and at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10, at Wildfire Oak Brook, 232 Oakbrook Center, (630) 586-9000. wildfirerestaurant.com/.
Fry the Coop opens
Fry the Coop is bringing its Nashville hot chicken concept to Elmhurst starting Friday, Sept. 7. The fast-casual eatery, which serves fried chicken sandwiches, tenders, chicken and waffles and more at a variety of heat levels, will feature a 48-seat dining room along with its signature "chicken wall." Hours are 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday through Sunday. Fry the Coop is at 623 W. North Ave., Elmhurst, (630) 359-5223 or frythecoop.com/.
$1 burger specials
Yes, you read that correctly. Rookies All-American Pub & Grill is offering $1 burgers and hot dogs all day, every day in September. Their cruise nights are still going strong through September, too. The Elgin location features Fords, Lincolns and Mercurys from 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9, and the Huntley location hosts a '60s night from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13. Rookies welcomes all cruisers, who get half-price pizzas on cruise nights. Rookies has locations at 2486 Bushwood Drive, Elgin, (847) 551-9006; 4607 W. Higgins Road, Hoffman Estates, (847) 645-0005; 12220 Princeton Drive, Huntley, (847) 669-8600; and 1545 W. Main St., St. Charles, (630) 513-0681. rookiespub.com/.
Pig roast & football
Sounds like a party: The new Timothy O'Toole's Pub in Lake Villa is hosting a Countdown to Kickoff Parking Lot Party & Grand Opening Celebration Friday through Sunday, Sept. 7-9. On Friday, Happy Hour giveaways and raffles featuring Chicago Bears, Blackhawks and Cubs tickets happen from 3 to 6 p.m. On Sunday, the first 50 customers will receive free appetizers and Bears swag ahead of the Chicago Bears-Green Bay Packers NFL season opener, which will be shown on 30 big-screen TVs. Stick around for the pig roast buffet starting at 3 p.m. Fill up on smoked pork, smoked turkey, coleslaw, baked beans and potato salad for $12. The Gina Gonzalez Band will be headlining the event. Timothy O'Toole's Pub Lake Villa is at 10 W. Grand Ave., (847) 979-0600 or timothyotooles.com/lake-villa.
Rosh Hashanah specials
• Tuscany Wheeling executive chef Bolla Loza has created a three-course prix fixe menu for Rosh Hashanah that will be served on Sunday and Monday, Sept. 9-10, at 550 S. Milwaukee Ave., Wheeling. The menu includes appetizers of homemade chopped liver, challah with apples and honey and golden chicken broth with matzo ball; entrees of oven-roasted brisket of beef, roasted half chicken and Wild Atlantic salmon piccata; and dessert of homemade apple tart. Dinner is $38.95 for adults and $19 for kids younger than 10. (847) 465-9988 or tuscanychicago.com/.
• Saranello's, at 601 N. Milwaukee Ave., Wheeling, will do the cooking for you this Rosh Hashanah, Sept. 9-10. Choose from Suzy Friedman's Vegetarian Chopped Liver, brisket with caramelized onions, broiled whitefish, matzo ball soup, potato pancakes with applesauce, apple crostata, rugelach and more for either dine-in or carryout, which is $42.95 per person and $20.95 for kids 12 and younger. (847) 777-6878 or saranellos.com/.
• Wildfire, at 1300 Patriot Blvd., Glenview, (847) 657-6363, and 235 Parkway Drive, Lincolnshire, (847) 279-7900, will be serving a family-style Rosh Hashanah Club Menu for groups of six or more Sept. 9-10 featuring traditional dishes including chopped liver, matzo ball soup, apricot-glazed chicken breast and braised brisket of beef. It's $42.95 for adults and $19.95 for kids 12 and younger. Reservations required. wildfirerestaurant.com/.
• Bobby's Deerfield, 695 Deerfield Road, is hosting special family-style dinners from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9, and 4 to 10 p.m. Monday, Sept. 10. Choose from apps such as challah bread, apples and honey, chicken liver pate, gefilte fish and matzo ball soup and entrees including Mediterranean chicken, skirt steak jalapeño and whitefish with a potato crust. End with flourless chocolate cake. It's $39.95 for adults and $23.95 for kids 12 and younger. (847) 607-9104 or bobbysdeerfield.com/.
Starting Monday, Sept. 10, Houlihan's will pay tribute to National Mushroom Month with $1 Stuffed 'Shrooms with any purchase every Monday during September. The panko-crusted mushrooms are filled with a made-in-house garlic-herb cream cheese and served with a creamy horseradish sauce. Houlihan's has locations in Algonquin, Geneva, Naperville and Wheaton. houlihans.com/.
Tour de Spain
Take a Tour de Spain without traveling far. El Tapeo executive chef Matthew Cappellini will host a five-course modern Spanish dinner at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, that will feature small plates, paella, meats and seafood from five different regions of Spain. Each course will be paired with Spanish wines and cocktails. There are only eight seats available for this monthly event, which costs $85 plus tax and gratuity. Upcoming dinners are at 7 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 4 and Nov. 15. El Tapeo is at 2100 Spring Road, Oak Brook, (630) 828-2044, eventbrite.com/ or eltapeorestaurant.com/.
Refresh with a custom four-course sangria dinner starting at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, at Big Bowl in Lincolnshire. Dinner starts with a reception of passed appetizers -- Korean barbecue tenderloin satay paired with mango-lime sangria -- followed by a seated dinner at 7 featuring fresh lump crab salad paired with passion fruit-pineapple sangria. The main course includes miso salmon Wellington with a mixed berry sangria. A black cherry sangria complements the Japanese souffle cake for dessert. Dinner costs $55 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are requested. Big Bowl is at 215 Parkway Drive, Lincolnshire, (847) 808-8880 or bigbowl.com/.
National Caipirinha Day
Refresh with a $5 caipirinha Thursday, Sept. 13, at Texas de Brazil for National Caipirinha Day. Enjoy a traditional lime caipirinha or choose from several flavors including coconut, mango, strawberry and more. Texas de Brazil is at 5 Woodfield Mall Suite D312, Schaumburg, (847) 413-1600 or texasdebrazil.com/.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with suburban dining events.