Suburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
Pollyanna Brewing Company plans to open its third location in the heart of downtown St. Charles at 106 S. Riverside Ave.
A bar for people who like to break things is coming to ElmhurstElmhurst will become home this fall to a bar designed for people who like to drink beer and break things. When Throw Nation opens at 630 W. Lake St. it will become the first "throw bar" in the Chicago area.
Energy legislation 'on the back burner' in SpringfieldAs the General Assembly moves toward its May 31 adjournment with issues such as a state budget, graduated income tax, and the legalization of sports gambling and recreational marijuana still to be decided, a package of energy market reforms likely will have to wait until the fall veto session or later before moving forward.
Algonquin restaurant site sells for $1.1 millionSVN | Chicago Commercial recently announced the sale of a 7,549 square foot second generation restaurant at 2561 County Line Road in Algonquin for $1,1 million.
Lee & Associates broker lease renewalLee & Associates recetly finalized a lease renewal for a 35,783-square-foot industrial space at 226 Gerry Drive in Wood Dale.
Gurnee approves $200,000 incentive for radio stations to move to Gurnee MillsFour radio stations are set to move to Gurnee Mills mall after the village board voted Monday to pay them $200,000 over three years to offset renovation costs. The radio stations on the move are two Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin-based stations -- WIIL 95.1-FM and WLIP 1050-AM -- and two based in Waukegan -- WKRS ESPN Deportes 1220-AM and WXLC 102.3-FM.
S-E-A leases space in Rolling MeadowsCBRE recently represented School Health Corporation in the lease of 33,590 square feet to S-E-A at 5600 Apollo Drive in Rolling Meadows.
Moody's says Illinois, New Jersey most vulnerable in event of a recessionA report from one of the nation's leading credit rating agencies says Illinois and New Jersey are the two states least-equipped to handle another recession.
Women's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 storesDressbarn, the women's clothing chain that's been around for nearly 60 years, is closing all 650 of its stores.
Des Plaines turns to familiar name in suburban entertainment to operate historic theaterA familiar name in suburban Chicago show business could soon be taking over day-to-day operations of the Des Plaines Theatre.
Feder: NBC Sports Chicago hires Cubs fans, bloggers to host 'Outside the Ivy'Three die-hard Cubs fans and bloggers will host a new postgame show for NBC Sports Chicago, starting Wednesday. Hosts are "Outside the Ivy" are Michael Cerami, 27, of Schaumburg, a blogger for Bleacher Nation; Danny Rockett, 44, of Arlington Heights, a blogger for SB Nation's Bleed Cubbie Blue; and Luis Medina, 31, of Chicago, a blogger for Bleacher Nation.
The 2020 election and U.S. immigrationThere's little doubt that U.S. immigration policy will be a central theme of the 2020 Presidential election. While illegal immigration continues to grab headlines, it's the too often overlooked legal immigration system that also provides virtually unlimited opportunities for improvement.
Why I should consider a search fund when selling my businessSmall businesses are experiencing a period of unprecedented transition. Baby boomers make up more than 50% of today's business owners. Many are approaching retirement without a firm succession plan in place.
State and local tax: Why are resale certificates are important for your businessResale certificates are a very important part of the state and local sales tax process. Not having the correct certificates on file can land your business in hot water.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- St. CharlesSuburban brewing company to open third location in St. Charles
- BusinessA bar for people who like to break things is coming to Elmhurst
- AlgonquinAlgonquin restaurant site sells for $1.1 million
- West ChicagoMayor: 'Once-in-a-generation opportunity' will transform West Chicago
- Wood DaleLee & Associates broker lease renewal
- GurneeGurnee approves $200,000 incentive for radio stations to move to Gurnee Mills
- Rolling MeadowsS-E-A leases space in Rolling Meadows
- BusinessWomen's clothing chain Dressbarn to close all its 650 stores
- Des PlainesDes Plaines turns to familiar name in suburban entertainment to operate historic theater
- LincolnshireZebra to acquire data analytics company Profitect
- SchaumburgSchaumburg Boomers host Alzheimer's Awareness Night May 25
- Aurora'Party in the Parks' returns to Aurora
- SchaumburgMeet Chicago Northwest elects officers, board
- West ChicagoKCAC Aviation opens office at DuPage Airport
- Lake ZurichLee & Associates brokers two sales in Lake Zurich