Massive Spa Forest complex gets green light from Wheeling board
The Wheeling village board approved permits Monday clearing the way for construction of a sprawling full-service spa in a vacant office building at 350 E. Dundee Road.
Phase Three Brewing to purchase Lake Zurich Brewing CompanyPhase Three Brewing Company is finalizing a deal to purchase Lake Zurich Brewing Company and become the third brewery in just over four years to operate at 932 Donata Court in the industrial area on Lake Zurich's northeast side.
Medline's use of ethylene oxide at Waukegan plant on hold but could resume soonMedline Industries in Waukegan, which voluntary halted procedures using ethylene oxide to sterilize medical equipment and devices in mid-December, is preparing to resume those processes.
Boeing doesn't expect Max jet to be cleared until summerBoeing said Tuesday that it doesn't expect federal regulators to approve its changes to the grounded 737 Max until this summer, several months longer than the company was saying just a few weeks ago.
Affordable housing project to be completed in fallThe construction project to turn the former Larkin Center in Elgin into affordable housing is progressing with a late fall 2020 completion date projected.
U.S. gets 1st case of mysterious Chinese illness; O'Hare to screen passengersThe U.S. on Tuesday reported its first case of a new and potentially deadly virus circulating in China, saying a Washington state resident who returned last week from the outbreak's epicenter was hospitalized in good condition near Seattle.
Feder: Former WGN-Channel 9 GM Sheldon Cooper diesOver a distinguished career that started in the early days of television, Sheldon Cooper left a lasting impression on Chicago broadcasting as general manager of WGN-Channel 9 and founding president of Tribune Entertainment. Cooper died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Sunday.
CCU hosts annual meeting March 11Consumers Credit Union hosts its 90th annual meeting Wednesday, March 11, at Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee.
Feder: Jennifer Roberts leaves afternoons on The MixKevin "Koz" Koske will be flying solo for the time being as afternoon personality on Hubbard Radio hot adult-contemporary WTMX 101.9-FM, Robert Feder writes.
Lee & Associates brokers two DuPage transactionsLee & Associates recently brokered a pair of industrial transactions in DuPage County.
Pizzeria 32 celebrates grand opening weekendPizzeria 32 in Downers Grove is set to celebrate a grand opening weekend with freebies and menu samples from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday.
New 401(k) and IRA law might affect how you plan your estateOn December 20, The SECURE Act ("SECURE") passed into law as part of a budget bill. SECURE drastically alters retirement account distribution requirements for a beneficiary inheriting a retirement account.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- WheelingMassive Spa Forest complex gets green light from Wheeling board
- Lake ZurichPhase Three Brewing to purchase Lake Zurich Brewing Company
- GurneeMedline's use of ethylene oxide at Waukegan plant on hold but could resume soon
- Prospect HeightsDivided Wheeling village board OKs plan to close Chicago Executive runway
- ElginAffordable housing project to be completed in fall
- GurneeCCU hosts annual meeting March 11
- AuroraLee & Associates brokers two DuPage transactions
- Downers GrovePizzeria 32 celebrates grand opening weekend
- Downers GroveCompTIA CEO, chamber to explore 2020 tech trends
- BusinessElmhurst man inducted into Hall of Fame
- BannockburnGreat Lakes Credit Union adds two housing counselors
- Wood DaleAAR division nets contract to produce containers for military use
- GurneeGurnee Mills to host Vendor & Craft Show in February
- EducationDistrict 21 hires firm to oversee referendum building projects
- Mount ProspectMount Prospect poised to buy more land in downtown Busse Triangle
Through the Film Magnifier: Dallas Green, Tony LaRussa, The Lone Ranger, electric cars, a war protest and more