Restoration Hardware Outlet opens in former Schaumburg Carson's
Restoration Hardware Outlet has moved into the approximately 140,000-square-foot space previously occupied by Carson's at Streets of Woodfield shopping center in Schaumburg, demonstrating that there are specialty retailers in the market for larger spaces.
Pritzker wants to legalize sports bettingGov. J.B. Pritzker is proposing raising more than $1 billion in state revenue by legalizing recreational marijuana and sports betting.
Glass of wine at the salon? Arlington Heights says OKPatrons of Arlington Heights salons may soon be able to sip from a glass of wine while getting their nails done, under new liquor code changes approved Monday by the village board.
Old Ace Hardware likely to become new Ace Hardware in PalatineAnother Ace Hardware is expected to replace a franchise operated by a different ownership group that's going out of business at Palatine Plaza.
Senior community fulfills Grayslake woman's wish to see sisters againMary Perucca, an 85-year-old resident of Travanse Living at Grayslake, was beginning to think she would never see her three younger sisters again. But on Tuesday they were reunited at the senior community thanks to an essay written by her daughter.
Google forgot to notify customers it put microphones in Nest security systemsCustomers were caught off guard in early February when Google announced its home security system, Nest Secure, would be able to act as an AI-powered Google Assistant after a recent update. Until then, customers weren't aware that Nest Secure had a microphone at all.
Mac's on Slade receives new liquor license, and a warning from Palatine officialsPalatine's elected officials issued a warning Monday that downtown bar and grill Mac's on Slade no longer can afford to violate local ordinances, but ultimately they granted a new liquor license to the establishment.
Is your phone always low on battery and chewing through data? 'DrainerBot' could be to blame, Oracle says.The software affects hundreds of Android apps that have been downloaded collectively more than 10 million times, the researchers said.
Feder: WBBM Newsradio tops ratings in JanuaryWhether you think of it as the home of the Bears or the place for "traffic and weather on the eights," WBBM Newsradio got Chicago radio listeners through a bitterly cold January riding high atop the ratings, Robert Feder writes.
Vernon Hills village board candidates: Mall incentives neededCandidates for the Vernon Hills village board agree the redevelopment of Hawthorn Mall is needed and likely will involve village incentives.
Walmart flexes in the fourth quarter, beats all expectationsWalmart beats expectations on profit and revenue, and e-commerce sales surged during the critical holiday period
Your cybersecurity plan is only as strong as your weakest linkAccording to the American Bankers Association, banks stopped nearly $17 billion in attempted deposit account fraud in 2016. And -- unfortunately -- small, family-owned and privately held businesses like this accounting firm are often the target of these scams.
Why do business owners need a transition plan?Why do business owners need a transition plan? There are six core reasons.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- SchaumburgRestoration Hardware Outlet opens in former Schaumburg Carson's
- NewsGlass of wine at the salon? Arlington Heights says OK
- PalatineOld Ace Hardware likely to become new Ace Hardware in Palatine
- GrayslakeSenior community fulfills Grayslake woman's wish to see sisters again
- PalatineMac's on Slade receives new liquor license, and a warning from Palatine officials
- Vernon HillsVernon Hills village board candidates: Mall incentives needed
- East DundeeDonation could help East Dundee update, rebrand downtown signage
- RosemontWintrust to acquire Oak Bank
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove pinball machine maker's tournament coming to ESPN
- NapervilleR+K recognized for agricultural communication excellence
- BusinessNext Realty acquires Arlington Executive Plaza
- BataviaHi Hat Resale Shop in Geneva to close
- LincolnshireManhard Consulting leases space in One Overlook Point in Lincolnshire
- Elk Grove VillageWynright makes regional account appointments
- ElginMiddleby CEO retires; CFO to head company