Sears closing catches Oak Brook off guard
The decision to close the Sears store in Oakbrook Center caught the village off guard, Oak Brook Village President Gopal Lamalani said Tuesday, but its economic development team already is working to find a new tenant.
Core acquires Deerfield office building for $6.75MCore Acquisitions, a Chicago-based commercial real estate investment, development and property management company, has acquired Ten North Parkway in Deerfield for $6.75 million.
Caputo Cheese launches e-commerce siteCaputo Cheese, announced it has launched an ecommerce site and online cheese shop at www.caputocheesemarket.com.
Buffalo Grove is pushing ahead with plans for Prairie View areaNow that Buffalo Grove trustees have integrated the Prairie View Metra Station Area Plan into the village's comprehensive plan, officials are moving forward to make its proposals a reality.
LG Business Solutions names Wicka vice presidentGarry Wicka of Arlington Heights has been named vice president of marketing for LG Business Solutions, LG Electronics, based in Lincolnshire.
Dogtopia, now open on Randall Road in South Elgin, offers daycare, boarding and playtime for four-legged friends.Dogtopia, now open on Randall Road in South Elgin, offers daycare, boarding and playtime for four-legged friends.
As Hispanic small business owners grow, they must also consider succession planningSuccession planning is an often-overlooked step in safeguarding the future of a business -- especially significant for family-owned companies and those that represent a primary source of income and family wealth.
Silent film fundraiser to benefit Catlow Theater in BarringtonThe Silent Film Society of Chicago is sponsoring a fundraiser at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 27, in what's described as an effort to help keep downtown Barrington's Catlow Theater in business.
Report: Trump's washing machine tariffs cost U.S. consumers $815,000 for every job createdPresident Donald Trump has repeatedly sought to portray his tariffs on Chinese goods as a major windfall for the U.S. Treasury that has extracted "billions of dollars" from China. But the reality is that tariffs are typically absorbed by consumers in the form of higher prices. And now a new study shows just how big that markup can be.
Wynnchurch Capital acquires Alliance Designer ProductsWynnchurch Capital has acquired Alliance Designer Products Inc., the firm announced Tuesday.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approvedThe Lake Zurich village board approved a plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new one.
Does cybersecurity matter for a family office?Data breaches are constantly in the news and most companies know they should be concerned about privacy and the security of their data. However, most family offices are not sure how to start addressing their concerns, or worse, don't view the family office as a target.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesSears closing catches Oak Brook off guard
- BusinessCore acquires Deerfield office building for $6.75M
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove is pushing ahead with plans for Prairie View area
- SchaumburgPerry's Steakhouse proposed west of Hyatt Regency Schaumburg
- ElginDogtopia, now open on Randall Road in South Elgin, offers daycare, boarding and playtime for four-legged friends.
- BarringtonSilent film fundraiser to benefit Catlow Theater in Barrington
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approved
- Rolling MeadowsKomatsu to support reforestation initiative
- SchaumburgWistron Mobile Solutions subleases space in Schaumburg
- NapervilleNew Coffee Lab to give North Central students hands-on industry experience
- LombardIdea for countywide hotel tax to boost DuPage tourism sparks controversy
- BusinessWalgreens to stop tobacco sales under 21 at all stores
- Fox LakeIsland Lake sued over controversial towing contract
- ElginElgin Rotary helping businesses attract millennials
- Rolling MeadowsRolling Meadows hosts second annual business expo Thursday