Large crowd packs Itasca hearing on Haymarket addiction treatment center plan
Despite multiple delays and a change of venue, a massive crowd of Itasca residents packed the first of several scheduled meetings on a controversial plan to open an addiction treatment center in town.
Hoffman Estates considers Hindu retirement community, wellness centerA Hindu nonprofit organization hopes to build a retirement community in Hoffman Estates featuring 34 homes and a wellness center on 27 acres of currently unincorporated land at the southeast corner of Golf and Rohrssen roads.
Naperville veteran uses photo business to boost charitiesSuzy Chang is a charitable photo entrepreneur in Naperville and an Air Force veteran, but her path had some challenging steps along the way.
NAI Hiffman arranges $17M sale-leaseback dealNAI Hiffman said it has completed a sale-leaseback transaction on behalf of Young Innovations, Inc., a global manufacturer and distributor of consumable dental supplies and equipment.
UK, EU reach tentative Brexit deal; still needs ratificationBritain and the European Union finally reached a tentative Brexit deal on Thursday, hoping to escape the acrimony, divisions and bitter frustrations of their three-year divorce battle. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson now must sell the accord to a recalcitrant Parliament.
Abbott inks partnership for diabetes systemNorth Chicago-based Abbott announced it has established a partnership with Omada Health, which will integrate Abbott's Freestyle Libre Type 2 diabetes monitoring system into Omada's digital care program
South Elgin commission OK with pot shops in business areasThe South Elgin planning and zoning commission recommended allowing pot dispensaries in business areas only, with minimum distances from residences, schools, parks and more.
Feder: Jason Goff joins NBC Sports Chicago as 'impact player' on Bulls coverageJason Goff, the former Chicago radio sports-talk personality, has been tapped by NBC Sports Chicago as pregame and postgame host of Chicago Bulls broadcasts, Robert Feder writes.
Zurich North America in Schaumburg to hold 'Chicago Fire' contestFollowing the appearance of Zurich North America's corporate headquarters in Schaumburg on Wednesday night's episode of "Chicago Fire" on NBC, the insurance company will hold a contest with an autographed photo of the television series' cast as the prize.
Jarosch Bakery celebrates 60 years in Elk Grove VillageAn Elk Grove Village bakery is celebrating its 60th anniversary this week with specials on some of its old fashioned favorites.
Historian plans tour of furniture magnate Kroehler's influence in NapervilleA Naperville historian is set to lead a free walking tour Sunday to share the story of furniture magnate Peter Kroehler, whose former home is soon to be the subject of demolition talks.
Business Ledger | "Millenializing" manufacturingMost kids probably won't say that they dream of working as a machinist, salesman, or engineer. Manufacturing is a stereotypically slow moving, gritty industry that does not attract young talent easily. Today's young workers want to work for businesses that tell a story and stand for more than simply turning a profit
Surviving and thriving during an economic downturnWith the Great Recession almost ten years in our rearview mirror, we are all better positioned to leverage the lessons learned into preparedness for what may lie ahead.
Take the time to train wellYou've hired a great new employee who will help you immensely with your ever-growing workload, and you can't wait to get started.Do you have time in your schedule to train this new person (and train well)?
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- ItascaLarge crowd packs Itasca hearing on Haymarket addiction treatment center plan
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates considers Hindu retirement community, wellness center
- NapervilleNaperville veteran uses photo business to boost charities
- AlgonquinNAI Hiffman arranges $17M sale-leaseback deal
- BusinessAbbott inks partnership for diabetes system
- South ElginSouth Elgin commission OK with pot shops in business areas
- SchaumburgZurich North America in Schaumburg to hold 'Chicago Fire' contest
- Elk Grove VillageJarosch Bakery celebrates 60 years in Elk Grove Village
- NapervilleHistorian plans tour of furniture magnate Kroehler's influence in Naperville
- MundeleinMundelein approves grant for pot store
- LincolnshireLincolnshire officials oppose marijuana businesses
- AlgonquinAutumn Drive has 26 stops for fall fun
- PalatineSchaumburg, Palatine cleaners relaunch annual coat drive
- RosemontUS Foods executive resigns
- SchaumburgSchaumburg plans on allowing up to 5 marijuana shops in town
Through the Film Magnifier: Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie Howard, Belly Dancing, Pony Paper Delivery and more