Residential developer has more plans for downtown Mundelein
A real estate developer wants to build townhouses on land in downtown Mundelein now occupied by a recycling business.
Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers restaurant coming to BataviaRaising Cane's Chicken Fingers, a fast food restaurant serving up mainly chicken fingers, is coming to the Randall Road corridor in Batavia.
Naperville residents want more affordable housing in 5th Avenue redevelopmentSome residents are calling on Naperville to include affordable housing in a redevelopment being considered near the Metra station along 5th Avenue.
Brown negotiates four suburban leasesBrown Commercial Group recently completed four leases totaling 25,427 square feet in Chicago's suburban market.
Developers drop Glen Ellyn gas station project after neighbors win legal fightDevelopers on the losing end of a two-year legal fight over a Glen Ellyn gas station have decided to walk away from the project.
Rascal Flatts restaurant not coming to Arboretum of South BarringtonAmid problems across the United States, popular country band Rascal Flatts won't bring a proposed namesake restaurant and bar to The Arboretum of South Barrington and is distancing itself from the developer behind the eatery.
State unemployment down, but above national averageThe Illinois economy has added 59,100 jobs over the past 12 months, while the overall unemployment rate dropped to 4.3 percent, the Illinois Department of Employment Security said Thursday.
InvenTrust acquires two Florida retail centers for $63.5MInvenTrust Properties Corp. recently acquired two centers in Winter Park, Florida totaling 76,000 square feet for $63.5 million.
What Arlington Heights Library might have to pay for 'makerspace' buildingWhile the village of Arlington Heights may not be charging the Arlington Heights Memorial Library for an unused building to be used for a proposed library "makerspace," the library may have to pay $42,800 for community development projects under a proposed deal between the two.
Feder: WTTW News branding reflects 'breadth of coverage'Better late than never, here's noting the rebranding of "WTTW News" on digital platforms and other communications associated with WTTW-Channel 11, the public television station owned by Window to the World Communications, Robert Feder writes.
Hyatt Regency Deerfield undergoes multi-million dollar renovationHyatt Regency Deerfield is undergoing a full-scale, multi-million dollar renovation.
Jewel-Osco's Own Brands help you saveAt Jewel-Osco, Own Brands is ahead of the curve in offering O Organics® and Open Nature® products, which feature clean ingredients and affordable brands found in every corner of the store.
What does New York's new harassment law tell us about the future of harassment training?The wise employer may want to give some attention to the new law that went into effect in New York on Oct. 9. It may well be a harbinger of things to come, and may at least suggest some best practices
Executive onboarding for successWhile executive training is a crucial part of continued leadership development, that training is best started at the very beginning with a strong executive onboarding program.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- MundeleinResidential developer has more plans for downtown Mundelein
- BataviaRaising Cane's Chicken Fingers restaurant coming to Batavia
- NapervilleNaperville residents want more affordable housing in 5th Avenue redevelopment
- Elk Grove VillageBrown negotiates four suburban leases
- Glen EllynDevelopers drop Glen Ellyn gas station project after neighbors win legal fight
- South BarringtonRascal Flatts restaurant not coming to Arboretum of South Barrington
- Downers GroveInvenTrust acquires two Florida retail centers for $63.5M
- NewsWhat Arlington Heights Library might have to pay for 'makerspace' building
- BusinessHyatt Regency Deerfield undergoes multi-million dollar renovation
- Winfield'Produce Posse' shares nutrition tips with kids at CDH
- Des PlainesDes Plaines chamber highlights social impact
- Rolling MeadowsA week from Election Day, Rolling Meadows mayor makes pitch to businesses
- BusinessAllstate catastrophe losses in February top $150M
- WinfieldWinfield candidates talk about stalled deal with Central DuPage Hospital
- BusinessMondelez partners with food business incubator