24-hour fitness center, makeover proposed for Cambridge Commons in Buffalo Grove
Buffalo Grove's Cambridge Commons shopping center -- clinging to a single occupant and considered an eyesore by residents -- will receive a complete makeover and new anchor tenant.
Last screen standing: McHenry drive-in hangs on as competitor closesWhile the curtain falls on West Chicago's Cascade Drive-In, its only suburban competitor -- the McHenry Outdoor Theater -- hangs on as a nostalgic remnant of a bygone era.
Argonne supercomputer with high-performance computing, AI could help solve real-world problemsThe first supercomputer with traditional high-performance computing and artificial intelligence capabilities could help solve real-world problems, such as climate change and advancing medical treatments.
Arlington Heights trustees: Not enough parking at proposed microbreweryWhile Arlington Heights village board members are pleased with the latest concept for what would become the village's first microbrewery and taproom, they say the plans don't come with enough parking.
Panel: Naperville's 5th Ave. development should have 20% affordable housingA panel in Naperville is recommending 20 percent of homes in a redevelopment project near the train station meet the state's definition of affordable housing. Here's why.
Tesla to add more Supercharger stations in Rolling MeadowsTesla plans to install 10 more Supercharger stations in the Meijer store parking lot in Rolling Meadows.
Cawley Chicago to handle leasing of Schaumburg complexRMS Properties has hired Cawley Chicago as the exclusive brokerage team representing Schaumburg National Plaza and Schaumburg Atrium Center.
Feder: WBBM Newsradio still leads Chicago radio ratingsIn a month that saw two of Chicago's news/talk radio stations move up in the ratings, the Entercom all-news combo of WBBM 780-AM and WCFS 105.9-FM extended its run at the top, Robert Feder writes.
Eby-Brown to be acquired by Performance Food GroupEby-Brown Company, a family-owned distribution firm that has had a presence in the suburbs for 130 years, announced Tuesday it is being acquired by Richmond, Virginia-based Performance Food Group Company.
Hostmark Hospitality Group affiliates with TQP Capital PartnersHotel real estate private equity firm TQP Capital Partners will become a minority stakeholder in third-party hotel management company Hostmark Hospitality Group.
MREDpalooza expo returns June 25Midwest Real Estate Data will co-host the return of MREDpalooza, one of the largest multiple listing service technology exhibitions in the country.
What does New York's new harassment law tell us about the future of harassment training?The wise employer may want to give some attention to the new law that went into effect in New York on Oct. 9. It may well be a harbinger of things to come, and may at least suggest some best practices
Executive onboarding for successWhile executive training is a crucial part of continued leadership development, that training is best started at the very beginning with a strong executive onboarding program.
Shingles, pneumonia vaccinations are vital, easy to getThe easiest way to prevent diseases that can threaten our health is by getting vaccinated.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Buffalo Grove24-hour fitness center, makeover proposed for Cambridge Commons in Buffalo Grove
- West ChicagoLast screen standing: McHenry drive-in hangs on as competitor closes
- NewsArgonne supercomputer with high-performance computing, AI could help solve real-world problems
- BusinessArlington Heights trustees: Not enough parking at proposed microbrewery
- NapervillePanel: Naperville's 5th Ave. development should have 20% affordable housing
- Rolling MeadowsTesla to add more Supercharger stations in Rolling Meadows
- Oakbrook TerraceCawley Chicago to handle leasing of Schaumburg complex
- NapervilleEby-Brown to be acquired by Performance Food Group
- SchaumburgHostmark Hospitality Group affiliates with TQP Capital Partners
- LisleMREDpalooza expo returns June 25
- BusinessDaily Herald plans to move two blocks to new office
- NapervilleReviews beginning on sale of Little Friends land to North Central College
- Oak BrookInland sells Denver multifamily properties
- BataviaSon, grandson preserve major driver of family history: a 1964 Mercedes-Benz 220SE
- NewsMeet the Pulmonairs, a choir for those living with COPD and other lung diseases