Huntley considers regulating sweepstakes machines banned by some suburbs
Huntley village officials are considering regulating electronic sweepstakes machines that are beginning to pop up in suburban gas stations, coin-operated laundries and convenience stores.
Two Brothers Barrel House opening Monday in downtown NapervilleTwo Brothers Brewing Company has converted The Craftsman cafe into a new restaurant and bar concept, called Two Brothers Barrel House, at 16 W. Jefferson Ave. in downtown Naperville.
Fire at Egg'lectic Cafe in Rolling Meadows leaves $100,000 in damageRolling Meadows firefighters spent about an hour putting out a fire Wednesday that left an estimated $100,000 in damage at Egg'lectic Cafe on Algonquin Road, authorities said.
El-Tahch named to Paddock board, CFO Kent Johnson promotedThe board of Paddock Publications Inc., owners of the Daily Herald, has elected Aziz El-Tahch to the board and promoted Senior Vice President Kent Johnson to executive vice president of the company.
As Hispanic small business owners grow, they must also consider succession planningSuccession planning is an often-overlooked step in safeguarding the future of a business -- especially significant for family-owned companies and those that represent a primary source of income and family wealth.
Boeing suspends earnings forecast on grounding of 737 MaxThe real focus for investors is on Boeing's effort to contain the damage to its reputation and the lucrative 737 program, the company's biggest source of profit.
Plan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approvedThe Lake Zurich village board approved a plan to knock down the McDonald's on the southwest corner of Rand and Ela roads and replace it with a new one.
Feder: Jim Dunbar, a WLS original rock jock, dies at 89Though best known for his nearly four decades as a radio talk show host in San Francisco, Jim Dunbar will forever be remembered in Chicago as one of the original Top 40 jocks on WLS 890-AM, Robert Feder writes.
Walmart experiments with AI to monitor stores in real timeIs that banana starting to bruise? Walmart uses thousands of cameras to track what's going on in stores real time
CBRE negotiates sale of Hoffman apartmentsCBRE recently represented Greenwood Capital Investment LLC in the sale of Autumn Chase Apartments, a 550-unit multifamily property in Hoffman Estates.
Lee & Associates negotiates lease in RomeovilleLee & Associates recently closed a lease transaction for a 22,265-square-foot industrial space at 101 Paragon Drive in Romeoville.
Does cybersecurity matter for a family office?Data breaches are constantly in the news and most companies know they should be concerned about privacy and the security of their data. However, most family offices are not sure how to start addressing their concerns, or worse, don't view the family office as a target.
Everything you need to know about Blackhawk BankBlackhawk Bank operates eight full-service banking centers and a dedicated commercial office, which are located in south central Wisconsin and north central Illinois from Elgin, Illinois, to Janesville, Wisconsin.
The stories of the Home Equity Conversion MortgageThere are too many myths and sensational stories and a lot of misunderstandings about what a Home Equity Conversion Mortgage. is, how it works and what it can do to improve most anybody's retirement. Here are some success stories.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- HuntleyHuntley considers regulating sweepstakes machines banned by some suburbs
- NapervilleTwo Brothers Barrel House opening Monday in downtown Naperville
- Rolling MeadowsFire at Egg'lectic Cafe in Rolling Meadows leaves $100,000 in damage
- SchaumburgLarson helped shape Schaumburg's booming restaurant industry
- Lake ZurichPlan to knock down old Lake Zurich McDonald's, build new one approved
- Hoffman EstatesCBRE negotiates sale of Hoffman apartments
- BusinessCaterpillar climbs as mining business boosts results
- Des PlainesCawley assists in lease of Des Plaines space
- BusinessWalgreens drug disposal program collects 1.2 million pounds
- Downers GroveDowners Grove senior campus opens health care center as part of $180 million expansion
- BataviaThe Wine Exchange brings a bit of Napa to St. Charles
- Buffalo GroveBuffalo Grove is pushing ahead with plans for Prairie View area
- BarringtonSilent film fundraiser to benefit Catlow Theater in Barrington
- BusinessWalgreens to stop tobacco sales under 21 at all stores
- Hoffman EstatesSears closing catches Oak Brook off guard