$6 million Gurnee Mills renovations nearing completion
After more than a year of work, the extensive $6 million renovation to Gurnee Mills is almost complete.
Daily Herald honors 8 for continued excellenceThe Daily Herald has honored eight employees with Awards of Excellence at its annual ceremony this month.
What the #MeToo movement means to the suburban workforceJust over a year ago, high-profile allegations of sexual harassment set off the #MeToo movement. Since then, the commotion has disrupted and changed workplaces across the country. Dozens of allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein exposed the prevalence of sexual harassment in the workplace and sparked a tough conversation about abuse and assault in offices, factories and schools.
Elk Grove mayor's Day 1 diary from the Bahamas BowlElk Grove Village Mayor Craig Johnson is sending a daily journal from Nassau, Bahamas in advance of the Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl, to be played Friday, Dec. 21.
Brunswick venture invests in marine robotics firmBrunswick Corp. has completed an investment in Sea Machines Robotics, a developer of autonomous technology and advanced perception systems for the marine industry.
Feder: Remembering radio's 'great talent' Larry LujackOn the fifth anniversary of his passing, Larry Lujack continues to be revered as one of America's greatest radio personalities and Chicago's preeminent disc jockey for the ages, Robert Feder writes.
Arlington Heights unveils new police station, set to last 'generations'Arlington Heights' new police station -- at least two decades in the making and slightly delayed by a Nov. 11 car crash into its lobby -- got its formal unveiling Monday ahead of its public opening in the coming weeks.
After the Fed's likely rate hike this week, all bets are offAfter a likely rate hike this week, the Fed is expected to pursue a more flexible policy
Palatine chamber recognizes community's Keys to SuccessA local wine shop, a financial planner and Realtors who've come together to battle homelessness were among the winners Friday when the Palatine Area Chamber of Commerce handed out its annual Keys to Success awards.
Is the office holiday party a must-do?A work event is no ordinary social event -- especially if your absence will be noticed.
Aldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills areaDiscount grocer Aldi's aggressive national expansion is coming to central Lake County with the grand opening Thursday of a new store in Vernon Hills.
The next step: Do you have the right people in place?Whether your business is positioned for growth or your exit, personnel decisions can weigh heavily on the process. If you're on the growth track, you'll need to know whether you have the right resources in place to support your growth plan. When you're ready to hand the business to the next generation, you'll need to be honest about whether your family members have the skills needed -- or the desire -- to take over the business.
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Gurnee$6 million Gurnee Mills renovations nearing completion
- Elk Grove VillageElk Grove mayor's Day 1 diary from the Bahamas Bowl
- RosemontWintrust acquires Chicago Deferred Exchange
- MettawaBrunswick venture invests in marine robotics firm
- CrimeArlington Heights unveils new police station, set to last 'generations'
- PalatinePalatine chamber recognizes community's Keys to Success
- Vernon HillsAldi adds to grocery store options in Vernon Hills area
- Buffalo GroveBrown associate brokers three property sales
- Hoffman EstatesEx-CEO of Hoffman Estates company imprisoned for pocketing $2.2 million in investments
- Lake CountyForecast Lake County Luncheon 2019 set for Jan. 17
- ElginWhy more suburbs are going after a SolSmart designation
- PalatineThe newspaper legacy the Paddocks leave: Fearing God, telling the truth, making money
- PalatinePalatine's Logotech launching donation program to help schools, nonprofits
- Elk Grove VillageWill 'Makers Wanted' in Bahamas Bowl name work for Elk Grove? Marketers say yes
- BartlettAmbassador visits Bartlett manufacturers
Through the Film Magnifer: Cheech and Chong, White Sox, Sunbathing, Roller Disco, Muhammad Ali, war protests and more
Through the Film Magnifier: Johnny Cash, Homing Pigeons, John Belushi, Ted Nugent, Marshall Brodien and more.