Hoffman Estates planners endorse rezoning AT&T site so it can become a full community
Hoffman Estates planning & zoning commissioners Wednesday unanimously recommended the rezoning of the former AT&T campus to facilitate its planned redevelopment into a self-contained community of offices, stores, restaurants, entertainment venues, apartments and townhouses.
How you can get a free happy hour Starbucks drink todayAs summer winds down, Starbucks is offering a happy hour special today that includes a buy-one-get-one-free deal.
Firewater Saloon plans to open in downtown Des PlainesFirewater Saloon, known at its Edison Park and Mount Greenwood locations for daily drink specials, country-western grub and live music, has plans to open a third location in downtown Des Plaines.
DuPage Medical Group adds 7 clinicsDuPage Medical Group, an independent, multi-specialty physician group, said it is expanding its physical and occupational therapy department with the openings of seven new suburban clinics.
Visitor spending increases in Lake CountyLake County visitor spending topped $1.34 billion in 2017 which is a 2.8 percent increase and new record for the county.
Special touches make new 1910 Spirits and Crafts bar stand out in GenevaIt takes a special type of vision, business savvy and maybe a little art background to consider how a small apartment and adjoining storage area above your restaurant could be gutted to become a new gathering place in town.
Kathy Goerdt honored with national awardThe commerce department's National Institute of Standards and Technology has named Kathy Goerdt, performance excellence manager at Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund in Oak Brook to the board of examiners for the 2018 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
Truckers nearing worst price shock since 2008In 16 months, new standards will descend on a corner of the global oil market that may disrupt fuel supplies crucial to transportation industries like trucking, airlines, railroads and ships. While the goal of the change is to reduce sulfur emissions, which cause acid rain, the rules could boost diesel prices by 20 percent to 30 percent, according to the International Energy Agency.
Molex ranks highest in quality among Prime Source winnersMolex, a global provider of integrated electronic solutions, said Wednesday that it has received the 2017 EIS Supplier of the Year award.
Northwest Community Hospital marks 5,000th robotic surgeryNorthwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights has been doing more and more surgeries using the da Vinci robot. On Wednesday, the hospital celebrated its 5,000th.
Long Grove joins suburbs raising concerns about FoxconnLong Grove has joined four other suburban governments in opposing Wisconsin's purported plan to waive environmental restrictions for a Foxconn manufacturing plant being built just north of the Illinois border.
How a Kavanaugh Court could affect labor and employment lawWhen Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh was to be nominated to fill the vacancy on the United States Supreme Court, the immediate question for many employers "how will a Kavanaugh court affect my workplace?"
Suburban Business News
from the staffs of the Daily Herald and the Business Ledger
- Hoffman EstatesHoffman Estates planners endorse rezoning AT&T site so it can become a full community
- Des PlainesFirewater Saloon plans to open in downtown Des Plaines
- ElginDowntown Elgin street buzzing with new restaurants, more
- BataviaSpecial touches make new 1910 Spirits and Crafts bar stand out in Geneva
- BusinessNorthwest Community Hospital marks 5,000th robotic surgery
- Long GroveLong Grove joins suburbs raising concerns about Foxconn
- Long GroveFood truck coming to Long Grove plaza
- NewsSchaumburg Township homeowners can file tax appeals
- BataviaWhere to find 'older' homes in the Tri-Cities
- WaucondaStack-On to eliminate 150 jobs, partly because of tariffs
- AuroraAurora man's call to service helps veterans improve their homes
- LombardPinnacle Dermatology buys North Oakland Dermatology in Michigan
- Long GroveLong Grove postpones hiring company to demolish bridge cover
- Rolling MeadowsMosque expansion earns first positive vote from Rolling Meadows aldermen
- Mount ProspectAfter 50 years working with bicycles, Prospect Bikes owner closing his shop
Search DailyHerald.com for articles
More ways to search Daily HeraldObituaries
Search DailyHerald.com obituaries. » Daily Herald newspaper archive
Find archived newspaper articles back to 1901. »