Wisconsin provides getaways for corporate meetings
It's common for suburbanites to escape to the tranquillity of Wisconsin for a vacation or a weekend away. And more and more people are heading up North for corporate events.
Meetings, conventions, retreats and team building events are taking place over the border as planners search for venues that offer new scenery and another mindset away from the stresses of day-to-day business.
There are venues from casinos to water parks to spas that provide the backdrop for creative brainstorming or recharging the battery.
Lake Geneva area resorts
A big draw for the Lake Geneva area is the fact that it's only about an hour away from many of Chicago's suburbs. There are many resorts in the area that provide a mix of luxury and business.
Visitors feel like they're a world way from the big city when heading up North away from the hustle and bustle of the daily routine.
• Geneva National Resort is an option because it provides villas or large homes as accommodation options. It can be an ideal option for a small business or group of executives who have their own space but share a common room with their colleagues. Located on Lake Como, these houses are in wooded areas and have their own kitchens, grills and patios, making it perfect for retreats.
• Grand Geneva Resort and Spa has two golf courses, plenty of conference room space and an indoor water park. Horseback riding and rock climbing are popular options. It's the only resort in Geneva that has a ski hill, and in the winter, the resort hosts a snocross championship.
• The Ridge Hotel is on Lake Como and recently renovated. Through all four seasons, it provides guests with an array of activities and a modern atmosphere. The hotel conveniently arranges golf outings at and shuttle service to the neighboring Geneva National Resort's three legendary courses by Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino.
• Lake Lawn Resort is on two miles of Delavan Lake's shoreline. From complimentary Wi-Fi to an 18-hole championship golf course to water sports rental, this is a perfect destination for group meetings, officials at the resort say.
• The Abbey Resort and Spa is on the other end of Lake Geneva in Fontana. One of the biggest resorts on the water, the 90-acre Abbey Resort features a fitness center, marina, spa and meeting services an packages.
Wisconsin Dells is known as the Waterpark Capital of the World. Many of the resorts feature extensive areas for conventions and meetings.
Highlights in the area include:
• Chula Vista Resort offers 100,000 square feet of convention meting space of corporate retreats, conferences and other events.
• Ho-Chunk Gaming in the Dells specializes in special events and offers many different types of rooms. It has banquet halls and conference rooms for corporate events.
• Kalahari Resorts & Conventions has an indoor water park and theme park and for corporate events, it offers 10,000 lumen HD projectors in the main ballrooms and state of the art HD projectors that compliment 65-inch HDTV's in each boardroom. Opening September 2019, the resort is adding 125,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, including a 56,000-square-foot ballroom, to the convention center, for a grand total of 230,000 square feet.
• Great Wolf Lodge offers spacious suite options, on-site dining options, shopping outlets and a kid's spa in addition to the water parks. It also offers banquet and conference venues within the resort. The resort is expanding and will open another location in Gurnee next year.
• Glacier Canyon Lodge at the Wilderness provides a 56,000-square foot-conference center combined with 151 lodging options, four-star dining and championship golf.