Schaumburg-based law firm leading donation drive for township food pantry
With the Schaumburg Township Food Pantry experiencing a nearly 20% increase in demand due to inflation, supply-chain disruptions and lingering economic impacts from the pandemic, a Lavelle Law Charities Food Drive aims to help this month.
The philanthropic arm of Schaumburg-based Lavelle Law aims to ready the food pantry for the holidays for the more than 800 families per month it's serving.
"We have 18 collection sites this year, five corporate sponsors, and a team of volunteers ready to make our food drive a success," Lavelle Law Managing Partner Ted McGinn said in a statement.
"We will have collection boxes throughout the area, and our team is ready to continually pick up donations and deliver them to the Schaumburg Township Food Pantry in support of the great work they do."
Schaumburg Township's Director of Welfare Services Diana Nelson said the increase in need is like nothing they've seen outside of the pandemic.
"The Lavelle Law Charities Food Drive is one of our biggest donation events of the year and helps us keep shelves stocked ahead of the busy holiday season," she said.
Residents may drop items off at the following locations through Oct. 27:
• Lavelle Law: 1933 N. Meacham Road, Suite 600, Schaumburg;
• Chicago Title Insurance Company: 1701 Golf Road, Suite 101, Tower 1, Rolling Meadows;
• Clearwater Capital Partners: 2800 W. Higgins Road, Suite 1025, Hoffman Estates;
• Club Pilates: 160 S. Roselle Road, Suite B, Schaumburg;
• Community Recreation Center: 505 N. Springinsguth Road, Schaumburg;
• Cook County District 15 Office: 1325 Wiley Road, Suite 141, Schaumburg;
• Dunton Tower: 55 S. Vail Ave., Arlington Heights;
• Fellowship Housing: 2500 W. Higgins Road, Suite 360, Hoffman Estates;
• JLL: 200 N. Martingale Road, Suite 100, Schaumburg;
• Meineke Recreation Center: 220 E. Weathersfield Way, Schaumburg;
• Metropolis Performing Arts Centre: 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights;
• Saint Viator High School: 1213 E. Oakton St., Arlington Heights;
• Schaumburg Bank & Trust: 1180 E. Higgins Road, Schaumburg;
• Schaumburg Township District Library: 130 S. Roselle Road, Schaumburg;
• Schaumburg Township District Library Hanover Park Branch: 1266 Irving Park Road, Hanover Park;
• Schaumburg Township District Library Hoffman Estates Branch: 1550 Hassell Road, Hoffman Estates;
• Schaumburg Village Hall: 101 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg;
• Sundara Insurance Group Allstate Insurance: 648 Meacham Road, Elk Grove Village.
Corporate sponsors include Tony's Fresh Market, Clearwater Capital Partners, Britt Industries, Kleen Air and Northwest Insurance.
"Tony's Fresh Market has been a supporter of Lavelle Law Charities' annual food drive for nearly 20 years," McGinn said. "We welcome their support, along with all of our sponsors. Their participation is critical, but at the end of the day it is the support of local residents who so generously contribute food and other items that makes this endeavor so meaningful for our community."
For more details, visit schaumburgfooddrive.org.