No one injured in Streamwood fire

By Emmagrace Sperle
Daily Herald correspondent
Updated 2/22/2021 10:35 PM

A fire damaged a house in Streamwood Monday night but caused no injuries, officials said.

About 8 p.m. Monday, the Streamwood Fire Department responded to the 100 block of Augusta Drive. The firefighters worked through heavy smoke on the second floor to extinguish a fire in the master bathroom.


The occupants were in the home when the fire started but escaped before the firefighters arrived. Firefighters rescued a cat.

The cause of the fire hasn't been determined. The blaze caused about $50,000 in damage.

Article Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.