Local foundation 'Youth Helping Youth' campaign joins in Giving Tuesday Dec. 1
The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley is participating in Giving Tuesday this year with the Youth Engagement in Philanthropy program.
They are so proud of this group of 21 high school students from across the Fox Valley area.
They have come together to #BeTheGood and provide $25,000 in grants for other local youth.
Thanks to a generous matching grant of up to $12,500 from the Dunham Fund, any donations made between now and Dec. 1 will be doubled.
If you would like more information or wish to donate to the YEP "Youth Helping Youth" campaign, visit the website at ww.cffrv.org/profile/yep-giving-tuesday-campaign/.
The following agencies have either been awarded full or partial funding for the 2020 capital grant requests:
• African American Men of Unity: To help fund the FIRE College and Career Program for at-risk youth (www.aamou.org);
• DuPage Children's Museum: To help fund an immersive Tinkering Camp experience for area children (dupagechildrens.org);
• Fox Valley Food for Health: To help provide equipment and supplies so teen chef volunteers can safely prepare meals for clients (fvffh.org);
• Fox Valley Music Consortium: To help fund musical instrument repairs for students from low-income, underserved families (www.foxvalleyorchestra.org);
• Little Friends, Inc.: To support the purchase of new technology that provides greater connection and learning resources for children on the autism spectrum (www.littlefriendsinc.org);
• Northern Illinois Food Bank: To help support the BackPack Program, which provides nourishing weekend meals to food-insecure children (solvehungertoday.org);
• The Bucket of Love: To help fund S.T.E.A.M.-centered educational resources so underserved youth can build a strong academic foundation (www.bucketoflove.org);
• Wayside Cross Ministries: To help fund an academic enrichment and youth leadership program that serves at-risk youth through homework help and winter and summer camps (www.waysidecross.org);
• World Relief DuPage/Aurora: To help fund age-appropriate enrichment programs for young immigrants and refugees (worldreliefdupageaurora.org).
The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley is a collection of individual funds and resources given by local citizens to enhance and support the quality of life in the Fox River Valley.
It is a tax-exempt public charity that allows individuals, businesses, and other nonprofit organizations to establish permanent endowment and temporary funds within the confines of one large foundation.
Foundation funds are used to provide grants to nonprofit organizations and scholarships to area students.
The Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley serves the greater Aurora area, the Tri-Cities and Kendall County.