Renovations spark fire at Mount Prospect industrial building

Daily Herald report
Updated 7/16/2018 4:55 PM

Fire broke out Monday afternoon in a vacant industrial building in Mount Prospect, filling the space with smoke but causing no injuries or significant damage, authorities said.

Mount Prospect firefighters responded to the blaze in the 400 block of Lakeview Court at 1:52 p.m. and had the fire under control within about 10 minutes, Chief Brian Lambel said.


The fire began when roof repair work being done as part of a renovation led to sparks falling onto insulation inside the building, Lambel said. A fire sprinkler helped contain the blaze before firefighters arrived.

Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.