Latest on how to help Lt. Gliniewicz's family, Explorers, police
• Bella's Bouncies in Lake Villa and Fox Lake will host a fundraiser Wednesday, Sept. 9. All paid admissions will be donated to the family. The event will be from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Bella's Bouncies Indoors, 1600 N. Milwaukee Ave., Lake Villa. Cost is $8 per child. The same fundraiser will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. at Bella's Bouncies Skate on Grand, 720 E. Grand Ave., Fox Lake, where the cost is $7 per person. Call (847) 546-7000 or visit bellasbouncies.com.
• Fox Lake American Legion Post 703 will host a benefit from 5 p.m. to close on Saturday, Sept. 12, at the Fox Lake American Legion Drop Zone Bar, 703 N. Route 12. The event will feature music provided by Brother K with a DJ to follow, plus raffles and a silent auction. Food will be available, including barbecue chicken with all the sides. This event will be in conjunction with the conclusion of the second annual Sons of the American Legion gun raffle. All proceeds collected will be donated to the Gliniewicz family. For more information or to donate, contact Russ Gilley, (847) 404-7869.
• Donate to the Lt. Joe Gliniewicz Memorial Fund at any BMO Harris Bank or send checks to the Lake Zurich Police Department, c/o Missy Gaffney, 200 Mohawk Trail, Lake Zurich, IL 60047. Gaffney, a police dispatcher, is a close friend of the Gliniewicz family.
• Wendy's restaurants in Fox Lake, McHenry, Lindenhurst and Round Lake Beach will host fundraisers all day on Wednesday, Sept. 9, when 25 percent of all proceeds will go to Explorer Club groups in those communities. Gliniewicz led Explorer Post 300 in Fox Lake. The restaurants are at 1362 S. Route 12, Fox Lake; 2433 N. Richmond Road, McHenry; 370 Route 45 (Route 45 and Sand Lake Road) in Lindenhurst; and, 210 E. Rollins Road in Round Lake Beach.
• Corporations and businesses wishing to provide reward money for the apprehension and conviction of the offenders should contact Lake County Undersheriff Raymond Rose by calling (847) 377-4367.
• Former Fox Lake Mayor William Dam and former trustee Scott Shalek set up a fund to support village police as they search for Gliniewicz's killer. The Citizens Offering Police Support for Fox Lake account is at State Bank of the Lakes in Spring Grove. Donations can be dropped off at State Farm Insurance, 42 E Grand Ave., No. 103, Fox Lake.
• The 100 Club of Chicago provides $50,000 to families of fallen first responders, including the Gliniewicz family. The group also offers legal and financial advice and help with college financial assistance. You can donate to the 100 Club or become a member at 100clubchicago.org/. There's a similar group in DuPage County; visit hundredclubofdupage.org/.