12 students from Ill. 14th Dist. set to attend military academies
Washington, D.C. -- U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren (IL-14) proudly congratulates the 12 students from Illinois' 14th Congressional District that were selected to attend the United States military service academies next fall.
The congressman hosted the selected students at a formal reception at the Campton Hills district office June 19.
Factors such as academic achievements, strong character, leadership skills, physical aptitude, and exceptional motivation are taken into consideration for service academy selection.
"Each of these 12 students represents the strong moral and academic character of the 14th District," Rep. Hultgren said. "I am impressed by each of their stories and am proud to have nominated these ambitious individuals to serve our nation and be educated at such exceptional institutions."
The 12 students are:
• United States Military Academy at West Point: Ryan Wieties of Batavia, Kirby Einck of Geneva, Joshua Bell of Antioch, and Trevor Jones of Oswego.
• United States Naval Academy at Annapolis: Mitchell Fornek of Oswego, Alex Vandenberg of Sugar Grove, and Adam Harris of McHenry.
• United States Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs: Eugene Kim of Hawthorn Woods, Dylan Magness of Huntley, and Drew Wiss of Elgin.
• Merchant Marines Academy at Kings Point: Michael Krauss of Yorkville.
• Coast Guard Academy at New London: Nicholas Remke of Marengo.