Blackhawks at U.S. Cellular on Sunday, in suburbs in summer
Can't get enough of the Chicago Blackhawks and their Stanley Cup victory tour?
First, the autograph sessions in Vernon Hills continue this weekend, as follows:
• On Saturday, Patrick Sharp and Kris Versteeg will be at the mall from 10 a.m. to noon. Brandon Saad will appear from 2 to 4 p.m.
• On Monday, Corey Crawford and Scott Darling will sign from 6 to 8 p.m.
• And finally on Tuesday, Andrew Shaw and Trevor Van Riemsdyk will greet fans from 6 to 8 p.m.
Then, the celebration is likely to continue throughout the summer. Here are a few upcoming suburban events:
• Stanley Cup at the Cell Sunday: Before the White Sox play the Texas Rangers at 1:10 p.m. at U.S. Cellular Field, the Stanley Cup will be on the field for a ceremony celebrating the Blackhawks' third championship in six seasons.
Hawks representatives will be present, but no names have yet been announced.
• Boomers Luncheon to Feature Blackhawks McDonough: The Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, will feature Chicago Blackhawks President & CEO John McDonough as the keynote speaker at the Frontier League Hall-of Fame Luncheon on July 15 at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg. The luncheon is part of the 2015 All-Star Game festivities hosted by the Boomers, the Frontier League's reigning back-to-back champions. The Frontier League All-Star Game will take place 6:30 p.m. July 15 at Boomers Stadium. For more information, call (847) 461-3695 or visit www.boomersbaseball.com.
• Chicago Blackhawks Day at the track: 1-5 p.m. Aug. 8, Arlington International Racecourse, 2200 W. Euclid Ave. Some events free with track admission; Extreme Fan Ticket includes Daily Racing Guide, reserved seating, three-hour beer/wine package, buffet, soft drinks, appearances by Tommy Hawk and former Blackhawks players. Tickets: $80, $35 for ages 12-20, $25 ages 4-11, free for kids 3 and under. www.arlingtonpark.com.