Breaking News Bar
posted: 3/18/2013 9:29 PM

Dog dies in Mount Prospect fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

A family's dog died in a blaze at a Mount Prospect home Monday morning.

Mount Prospect firefighters were dispatched at 10:11 a.m. to the home on Hi Lusi Avenue.

Smoke and flames could be seen coming from a second-story window when firefighters arrived, Battalion Chief Randy Uidl said.

"Pretty much the whole upstairs was involved in it," Uidl said.

"There was a lot of upstairs damage."

The residents were not home at the time. No one was injured battling the blaze.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.