Warrenville house fire contained by fire protection district

The DuPage Public Safety Communications Center responded to a 911 call on Friday morning from a resident saying their dryer was on fire, according to a news release from the Warrenville Fire Protection District.

An appliance fire response was activated, sending one engine, one ladder truck, and one ambulance to the 2S500 block of Sova Lane.

After arriving on scene, a Warrenville fire unit reported smoke showing from the front door and garage, upgrading the incident to a structure fire. Two additional engines, one squad, one ladder truck, two ambulances, and three chief officers were sent to the scene.

The first Warrenville engine entered the building, containing the fire to the laundry room, and quickly extinguishing it. The resident and her pet had already safely evacuated the home and reported no one else in the house, officials said.

Other fire companies assisted in checking for fire extension and ventilating the smoke from the structure, including the Winfield and West Chicago Fire Protection Districts, and the Naperville Fire Department.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental following an investigation. No civilians or firefighters were injured, and the home was deemed habitable following the incident by the Warrenville Fire Protection District and the City of Warrenville building code official.

Article Comments
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the "flag" link in the lower-right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.