ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (July 31, 2014) – Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is hosting several free programs for adults over age 55 in August at the Arlington Heights Senior Center, 1801 W. Central Road, Arlington Heights. To register for the following programs, call 847.253.5532. You do not need to be an Arlington Heights resident to attend.
• Thursday, August 7 – High blood pressure questions answered – 11 a.m. to noon
Contact information ( * required )
• Thursday, August 7 – Living with Arthritis, presented by David Giangreco, MD – noon to 1 p.m.
• Friday, August 8 – What to eat when you have diabetes – 9 to 10 a.m.
• Wednesday, August 13 – Healthy cooking demonstration – 9 to 10 a.m.
• Thursday, August 14 – How to exercise safely – 9 to 10 a.m.
• Monday, August 18 – Build and maintain your body strength – 9 to 10 a.m.
• Monday, August 18 – Ask the physical therapist – 10 to 11 a.m.
• Tuesday, August 19 – Stressed spelled backwards is desserts – 11 a.m. to noon.
• Thursday, August 21 – Understanding heart disease – 11 a.m. to noon.
• Thursday, August 21 – Dementia and memory loss presented by Daniel Cacioppo, MD – noon to 1 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 27 – Taking the mystery out of food labels – 9 to 10 a.m.
• Thursday, August 28 – Ask the personal trainer/dietician – 9 to 10 a.m.
• Thursday, August 28 – Positive mental health in your senior years – 10 to 11:30 a.m.
About Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH)
Serving Chicago's northwest suburbs since 1959, NCH is a comprehensive, patient-centered system of care that serves more than 350,000 outpatients each year and more than 20,000 inpatients treated annually at the 496-bed acute care hospital in Arlington Heights. The award-winning hospital holds the prestigious Magnet designation for nursing excellence, is designated as a Primary Stroke Center, earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval in 2011, and was awarded the Leapfrog Group's designation as one of the nation's Top Hospitals based on quality and safety criteria. NCH has four Immediate Care locations in the northwest suburbs and operates a FastCare Clinic in Palatine. NCH has a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians, which includes the board-certified primary care doctors and specialists of the NCH Medical Group. The individuals identified in this press release are neither agents nor employees of Northwest Community Healthcare, or any of our affiliate organizations. These physicians have selected our facility as a place where they want to treat and care for their private patients. For more information, or to find a doctor on the NCH Medical staff, visit www.nch.org.