• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Fire engulfed the side of a home July 27 on the 900 block of Stuart Drive. The owner left ashes to cool from a bonfire the night before. He poured water on them in the morning and threw them into a garbage can. Items in the garbage can ignited and the fire quickly spread.
• Thieves stole an iPod around 4:40 p.m. July 30 after the owner left it on the ground under playground equipment in Sunrise Park, Cuyahoga Lane and Foster Avenue.
• Burglars stole an iPad, computer and sunglasses and keyed all four sides of a car on the 1300 block of Marlboro Court around 9 a.m. July 29.
• Vandals hurled two large rocks around 5:40 a.m. July 28 that dented and scratched a car on the 700 block of Braintree Lane. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Vandals sprayed paint around 7 a.m. July 24 on a vehicle on the 1400 block of Beaumont Circle. Damage was estimated at $1,500. Another vehicle was also spray painted.
• Vandals smashed the windows on a truck around 3 a.m. July 30 on the 900 block of Hyacynth Lane. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Thieve stole six gray folding chairs overnight July 29-30 outside a home on the 400 block of Fairway Drive.
• Jefforey J. Greco, 42, of the 1600 block of Warwick, Wheeling, was arrested around 7:15 a.m. July 25 at 50 W. Lake-Cook Road and charged with criminal trespass to vehicle.
• Jose L. Sanchez, 19, of the 2400 block of Crystal, Arlington Heights, and Edgar Alvarez, 19, of the 4200 block of Bonhill, Arlington Heights, were arrested around 1:37 p.m. July 25 at 133 N. Arlington Heights Road and charged with theft.
• Burglars broke into a car between 6:05 and 7:43 a.m. July 30 in a lot at 1501 Busch and stole a purse.
• Vandals cut the chains between July 18 and 28 at 401 W. Dundee Road so vehicles could cut through the parking lot.
• Vandals damaged an electronic door access panel between July 25 and 28 at a building at 1120 Lake-Cook Road but apparently did not get inside.
• A vandal hurled a rock around 10:55 p.m. July 23 that broke the door window and damaged the door at a home on the 300 block of Butternut.
• Vandals broke the windshield between July 17 and 24 on a car on the 1700 block of Lieder.
• Thieves stole a Michigan State flag July 25-26 from the front of a garage at a home on the 2200 block of Avalon.
• Rafal P. Drelich, 38, of the 7300 block of Gladiola, Hanover Park, was arrested around 5:12 p.m. July 29 on the 1900 block of Briarwood and charged with dog bite/animal control violation.
• Uriel Marquez, 20, of the 6700 block of Pine Tree, Hanover Park, was arrested around 12:12 a.m. July 29 at his home and charged with battery and unlawful consumption of alcohol.
• Thieves stole a bicycle around 11 a.m. July 30 at Poplar Creek Library, 1266 Irving Park Road.
• Thieves stole a bicycle around 4:15 p.m. July 30 from a bike rack at LA Fitness, 7650 Barrington Road.
• Thieves stole a cellphone around 4:49 p.m. July 30 at 2500 Mark Thomas while the victim played soccer.
• Four individuals stole undisclosed items around 2:17 a.m. July 28 from Bestcon cellphone repair shop, 2017 Irving Park Road.
• Burglars broke into a cash register between 2 a.m. and noon July 27 at San Korean Restaurant, 1063 N. Roselle Road. Loss was estimated at $200.
• Thieves stole an electric drill between 11 p.m. July 25 and 4:30 a.m. July 26 out of a vehicle on the 4000 block of Chesapeake Court.
• Burglars entered a 2007 Dodge Caravan between midnight and 10:30 a.m. July 27 on the 600 block of Salem. Nothing appeared to be missing.
• Burglars stole the shift knob valued at $40 and the cold air intake system from the engine compartment between 10 p.m. July 23 and 1 p.m. July 24 from a 1995 Acura Integra on the 900 block of Grand Canyon Parkway.
• Thieves stole a maroon 1992 Chevrolet pickup truck around 1 p.m. July 26 on the 400 block of East Thacker Street.