• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• A burglar broke a screen and storm door around 5:50 a.m. Sept. 29 at a home on the 1100 block of River Road and stole cash out of an office. When witnesses confronted him, he crawled out a dog door on the north side of the porch and fled. Loss was estimated at $880.
• An elderly Des Plaines woman nearly lost $4,900 to a scammer when she received a call around 11:45 a.m. Sept. 30. The male caller told her he was associated with a bank and was investigating a bank employee. The scammer told the woman he needed her to withdraw the money and take it to the Des Plaines Library where a "Mr. Murray" would meet her. A bank teller observed the large withdrawal and stopped the victim from leaving the bank until police officers arrived.
• An elderly woman walking with a small child took a green BMX bike with red and black handle bars and silver pegs out of a yard on the 500 block of Laurel Avenue around 10 a.m. Sept. 28.
• Thieves cut and stole the catalytic converter between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. Sept. 26 from a Chevrolet Cavalier in a restaurant lot at 22 E. Northwest Hwy. Value was estimated at $800.
• A man exposed himself in a condominium courtyard on the 100 block of Northwest Highway around 1 p.m. Sept. 28. He fled but the victim told officers the man is believed to frequent the complex at least once a week.
• Thieves stole two 2013 Chevrolet Captiva vehicles between Aug. 15 and Sept. 11 out of a rental lot at 2170 Mannheim Road. Both cars were unlocked with keys in the ignitions.
• A burglar driving a 2011 Lincoln sedan around 10:25 p.m. Sept. 28 on the third floor of the Rivers Casino parking garage, 3000 S. River Road, stole a golf bag and several clubs out of an open truck. Value was estimated at $1,500. The offender was described as a male black, 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall, 200 to 230 pounds, heavy build, and wearing a white T-shirt, black shorts with vertical blue stripe, gray sneakers, purple baseball cap with white design on front, and possibly a thin mustache/goatee.
• Someone may have shot a vehicle tire around 8:30 a.m. Sept. 25 as the Chrysler Sebring traveled west on the 100 block of Oakton Street. The victim heard a bang and brought her car to a mechanic who found suspicious holes in the tire and rim, possibly caused by gunshots.
• Diaz M. Cannida, 44, of the 6300 block of West Dempster Street, Morton Grove, and Michelle R. Kennedy, 45, of the 8900 block of Laverne Street, Skokie, were arrested around 5:40 p.m. Sept. 27 at Jewel, 1500 S. Lee St., and charged with retail theft after a security agent told police they took eight canisters of baby formula and a bottle of vodka.
• Burglars used a chunk of asphalt to break a glass restaurant door between 3 p.m. Sept. 25 and 6 a.m. Sept. 26 at 1769 Miner St. The offenders stole $200 from the cash register. Property loss was estimated at $700.
• Burglars stole a GPS valued at $200 between 10 p.m. Sept. 25 and 10 a.m. Sept. 26 out of a Chevrolet Equinox in a hotel lot at 1450 E. Touhy Ave.
• Burglars tried but failed to pry open a rear steel door between 10:30 p.m. Sept. 25 and 5 p.m. Sept. 26 at Starbucks, 2655 S. Mannheim Road. Damage was estimated at $1,000. Burglars also tried but failed to pry open a rear door at Rosati's Restaurant, 2665 S. Mannheim Road, between 1 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 26. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
• Thieves stole a chain saw and concrete saw between 5 p.m. Sept. 24 and 4:30 a.m. Sept. 25 out of the open bed of a Ford pickup truck in a driveway on the 0-100 block of North Meyer Court. Value was estimated at $1,000.
• Burglars entered an apartment on the 700 block of West Dulles Road between 11 a.m. and noon Sept. 30 through an unlocked rear sliding glass door and stole a personal check, two watches, five silver coins, and various credit cards. Value was estimated at $600.
• Burglars broke the rear door window between 8:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Sept. 16 at a home on the 200 block of West Dulles Road, rifled through dresser drawers and a china cabinet and stole a 14k gold wedding ring, three gold chain necklaces, a gold pocket watch, a gold and diamond engagement ring, eight packs of cigarettes, cash, checkbook and bank loan paperwork. Loss was estimated at $920.
• Thieves stole a laptop computer valued at $300 between 2:30 and 3:15 p.m. Sept. 12 from a student's backpack in the girls poolside locker room.
• Burglars broke into a Honda Accord between 11:50 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Sept. 13 in a lot at the YMCA, 300 E. Northwest Hwy., and stole a purse. Loss was estimated at $800.
•Thieves stole a tissue culture microscope with a mechanical stage and a 5-mega pixel digital camera between Sept. 13 and 23 from an unlocked storage area and an inverted light microscope out of a lab at Bion Enterprises, 455 State St. Value was estimated at $12,642.
• Burglars broke into a 2006 Chrysler 300 between 6 p.m. Sept. 23 and 7 a.m. Sept. 24 on the 1500 block of East Mark Drive and stole a silver platinum wedding band, loose change and a bottle of prescription pain medication. Loss was estimated at $1,255.
• Burglars broke into a 2000 GMC Sierra pickup truck between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sept. 24 in a business lot on the 2200 block of South Busse Road and stole a stereo, subwoofer and subwoofer box. Loss was estimated at $1,535.
• Vandals wrote in newly-poured sidewalk concrete Sept. 25 in three places in the area of Burning Bush and Piper lanes.
• Thieves stole a TV between midnight and 5:37 a.m. Sept. 24 out of an apartment on the 800 block of Tree Lane. Value was estimated at $150.
• Vandals smashed the rear window around noon Sept. 23 on a 2007 Mercedes-Benz in a driveway on the 300 block of East Circle Avenue.
• Thieves stole a men's unlocked black bicycle between 8 and 9 p.m. Sept. 29 from an apartment balcony on the 700 block of Piper Lane.
• Burglars stole clothes valued between $2,500 and $3,000 out of a 3005 Pontiac Vibe between 12:05 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 20 in a hotel lot at 540 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• Offenders burglarized a vehicle around 2 p.m. Oct. 1 on the 2600 block of George Street.
• Vandals damaged a vehicle around 8:10 a.m. Sept. 29 on the 4800 block of Kimball Hill Drive.
• Vandals slashed the two front tires on a 2003 Acura TL between 5 and 6:30 a.m. Sept. 24 at a home on the 1000 block of Anthony Road.
• Vandals smashed the windshield between 11 p.m. Sept. 25 and 6 a.m. Sept. 26 on a 2012 Chrysler 200 in a hotel lot at 601 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• Thieves cut and stole the catalytic converter between 9:25 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sept. 27 from a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier in a restaurant lot at 700 N. Milwaukee Ave.
• Thieves stole a Radio Flyer wagon, bird bath and two frog statues between 4 p.m. Sept. 26 and 10 a.m. Sept. 27 out of the front yard at a home on Kenilworth Drive.